Chapter 16: Drake's P.O.V

I explain to them what happend. I left out the part of Grayson and I being brothers. I was afraid. I didn't know his reaction. I don't want it to put a bend in the bond we have now.

        "So...the Empire took you away and made you a monster?" Grayson asks. I nod and he looks to the ground.

   "That's horrible!" Mia exclaims.

            "It...it was so vivid. I heard my mother screaming out my name...." I turn my head and close my eyes. I had to tell him. I can't hide this kind of secret from Grayson. I look back at them and breathe in shakily.

"G-Grayson..." He looks at me.

       "Hmm?" My hands start trembling again, but with fear. I wont be able to take any of this back once said. Yet again...if I don't now, who knows if I'd ever be able to tell him.

    "Do you remember your past?" I ask him. He ponders on the question for a minute.

"Now that I think of it...I only remember as far as the artic base." He answers.

         "Do you remember your parents? Maybe a sibling?" I ask.

    "Not my parents. A sibling? It's fuzzy...maybe. What are you getting at?" He asks.

                "Grayson....I'm your little brother." His eyes go wide.

       "What?" He looks to the ground and shakes his head. He closes his eyes.

         "I'm trying to remember. I swear!" He exclaims.

  "A cabin. Near winter in the middle of a forest. The smell of pine. A mother named Clara. A little brother that..." I sigh.

     "That looked up to you." He looks up. His eyes start getting red and tears fall down his cheeks.

           "I.....Drake....I remember.." He walks up and hugs me. I wrap my arms around him and sob into his shirt. The memories of us playing in the snow during winter, picking apples during the fall and swimming in rivers during the summer played in my head. The faces of our parents smiling at us as we would chase eachother around. I sob harder and he hugs me tighter.

   "It's okay....Drake we'll get our revenge." He tries to sooth me. I remember him tucking me into bed, fighting off any monsters in the dark. He was my hero and still is.

    "T-The memories keep coming back!" I exclaim between sobs.

           "Lets give them some space to bond.." I hear Mia whisper to Luke and they quietly walk outside. I appreciated their concern and generosity. I feel Grayson's hand rub my hair. I never wanted to let go of him. I felt secure and safe. I felt as if Herobrine could never hurt me again. I slowly let go of him and he does the same. He crouches down and looks at me.

  "I never wanted that kind of future for you. We tried to keep your powers hidden, but the more you grew up, the more the Empire was finding out." He glares at the floor.

     "And I worked for them..." He mumbles shakily.

"Grayson you didn't know! Our memories were wiped." I reassure him.

         "Yeah, but ever since I first saw you at the artic base...you seemed so familiar. To now know that I lost a little brother and have him back.." He hugs me again and rests his head on mine.

     "I'm sticking by your side and never leaving your sight. So you better not leave mine. I made a promise to mom that I'd keep you protected and I'll be sure to redeem myself to her." I nod and he stands up. He pulls me up and off the bed and we head outside. We stop in front of Luke and Mia and they look at us. I look towards the ground. I wasn't in the mood to talk anymore. I was relieved, heartbroken and just too sad. 'Drake...are you ok?' I hear Armen's voice whisper in my head. 'Yeah..I just need some time. Where's Herobrine?' I ask. 'After Collin made him disappear in the DreamWorld, he's been gone since. Maybe we get some peace for a little bit.' I sigh of relief. 'Finally..' 'Drake....whatever you do..stick close to your brother. Stick close to Grayson. He'll keep you protected no matter what. Your his baby brother. You might be sixteen but he's eighteen and he considers you as his baby brother. And to him, he has a job to do. And that's keeping you and the others safe.' Armen explains. 'I promise.'

   "Drake?" Mia calls. I look up and shake my head.

        "Huh?" I look around.

"Are you okay?" Grayson asks. I point to my head and he goes into a protective stance.

      "Is it HIM?" He growls.

    "What? No! Herobrine's gone as of now. I havn't heard from him since the DreamWorld. Collin kinda got rid of him. It was Armen. He was asking if I was okay and telling me to stick close to you no matter what." I explain. He smiles. 'Oh c'mon. Why'd you have to tell him?'

  "Thanks Armen." He says. 'Tell him I said you're welcome.'

        "Armen says you're welcome." I laugh a little and the others join.

  "So..are you okay? Do you need a minute?" Mia asks me.

      "I'm fine. It's just a process to go through in my head. I'll just zone out a little sometimes." I answer. She nods.

  "Oh! Luke..Mia?" I call them. They look at me.

            "Yeah?" Luke asks.

   "Thanks..you know...for letting us have a moment." They smile at me.

         "Anytime." Mia responds. Luke nods.

"Okay...we still got this town to search. It'll be getting dark soon so we'll stay the night back at this place. Drake and Luke, take the right side of the town. Mia and I will take the left side. Lets' move. If we're quick enough, we'll be done and back here by nightfall." Grayson orders and we split up.