Chapter 29: Grayson's P.O.V

Jack leads us to the far side of the town. A hole just the right size to fit through was shown on the fence.

   "Through here and straight down the alley. It leads right to my house." He states. I turn to look at the others and they nod. Drake rubs his face and looks around.

   "You ok?" I ask him. He slowly turns his head towards me. Before he could utter out a single word, his eyes roll to the back of his head and he collapses to the ground.

"Woah! Is he ok?" Jack asks. I pick Drake up bridal style and turn towards Jack.

    "He's battling something right now. He should be fine." I answer. 'I hope..' I thought. Jack nods and turns back to the hole.

"Can you get him through here?" He asks. I look at the hole and back at Drake.

  "It should be fine." I say.

"Alright. Follow me at all times." He says and crawls through the hole. I let Mia and Luke go ahead of me.

   "Ok Grayson!" Luke calls out. I walk up to the hole. I bring Drake closer to my chest and suck my gut in a little. I get through, when I hear a thump and notice that Drake hit his head on the side of the hole. Mia snorts a little and I wince.

  "Sorry bro.." I whisper to him. 'Hopefully he wont feel that.' I thought. I make it fully through the hole and Jack walks down the alley. We turn a sharp right and come across a house, the chimney emanating smoke into the open air.

  "Now that I think about it, it is starting to get cold." Luke states. I nod and follow Jack up the stairs to his home.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home! And I brought some friends!" He calls out as we all enter inside.

"Guests..how lovely!" A woman walks in with a bright smile on her face. That smile quickly faded away once she saw us.

"Jack sweetie, come here!" She leans and pulls him away from us.

"But mom! They're friendly!" He exclaims. She looks down at Drake and her eyes grow wide.

"Jack, go to your room." She demands.

"But mom, they-"

"Now." She snaps. He glares.

"Sorry guys." He mumbles and walks off. 'It was worth the shot kid...thanks for trying.' I thought.

"You need to leave." She states.

"Ma'am I assure you, we mean no harm." I say calmly.

"Then we should have no trouble." She says. I look down at Drake to see his breathing stagger a bit.

"Can you at least help my little brother? He's sick." I beg.

"The hybrid?! Of course not! If I was caught helping you four, who knows how much trouble my family would be in!" She exclaims.

"Kate." A male voice bellows. I turn my head and see a man standing at the doorway.

"I'm sorry guys. It's been tough since the day those wanted papers have been put out around the land." He apologizes.

"It's fine sir. We just want to help him." I motion down at Drake.

"Hmm...bad case?" He asks.

"Nothing a healing potion or two shouldn't help." I answer. He nods.

"Lucky for you, I have potions. Let me go get them." He turns to walk off.

"Peter." The man turns to look at his wife.