Chapter 27: Drake's P.O.V

I continued to walk, even though my body didn't. I didn't want to get in the way anymore. I mean a friend takes a shot to rid away another friend's demon. It's just....I know why they lied but....I'm not a kid. Also, Herobrine wasn't entirely wrong. I do tend to get hurt a lot. Maybe if the entire world wasn't against me, I'd be able to actually do something. 'Drake. You ok?' I sigh. 'I'm done Armen.' 'What?' I wince as I wrap my arm around my wound. 'I'm tired of being tossed around like I'm some kind of...toy.' I exclaim in my head. 'Wait...so you're just gonna give up?' Armen asks, disappointed. 'Physically no, but mentally....yeah.' As I told him those five words, I knew I was making a big mistake.
---
After at least an hour later, everyone was getting a bit jumpy.

"Drake, we should really take a break." Grayson says. I ignore him and continue walking.

"Drake!" Grayson exclaims and I turn my head at him.

"What." I snap. His eyes turn from annoyance to sadness. I look to the ground.

"Sorry.." I tell him. He walks up to me and lifts my shirt up halfway. Around the wound, a purplish black bruise formed. Grayson grabs a cloth and wraps it around me. I wince and he looks up at me.

"Too tight?" He asks. I nod and he loosens the cloth. He ties it up and pulls my shirt down.

     "There. Now we need to take a break." Grayson demands. I look away, tears threatening to fall. He walks up closer to me.

   "What's got you like this?" He asks. Tears slowly slide down my cheeks.

   "I....I can't take it anymore." I mumble. He cocks his head to the side.

   "What?" He asks, confused.

"Everything! I just...can't. I feel like I'm being pulled apart." I grasp Grayson's jacket.

    "He...He's torturing me. Every single day of every single hour....right to the freakin' minute." I whisper to him, slightly shaking.

"Drake...just calm down. Okay? We can help you.." Grayson says and grabs my shoulders. 'What's wrong Drake? Not having fun anymore?' His menacing voice echoed through my head.

    "He's talking to me..." I whisper. Grayson's eyes go wide and he turns to Mia and Luke, still holding on to my shoulders. They shrug, worried looks on their faces. Grayson crouches down and I follow. We sit on the ground and he looks me in the eye.

   "I'm your older brother Drake. I won't let anything happen to you. I will stick close to you as long as you stick close to me." He reassures. Mia and Luke walk up and sit down, circling around us.

   "I'm going insane Grayson....I'm losing my mind.." I sob. He pulls me into a hug and I can hear his breathing stagger.

  "It's ok. We're gonna help.." He mumbles. He said it more to himself than to me. Mia comes up and hugs as well. I hear a quiet sigh and finally feel Luke's arms wrap around us.

------

I wake up, tears dried up on my face. 'Must've fell asleep...' I thought. I look and see the others huddled around me, asleep. I slowly stand up and gaze at my surroundings.

"We spend most days in a forest than anywhere else..." I mumble to myself. I walk around, getting as much fresh air as I could.

"I'm such an idiot...why am I giving up this easily...?"

"You're not giving up." I turn around and see Grayson standing there, a concerned look on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"It's not that you're giving up Drake. I know you all too well. You are the one with the kind spirit. Seeing all the destruction and heartbreak....you're tired." He explains. I look to the ground.

"I'm far from tired..." I look up towards the sky. The baby blue mixing with the white of the clouds. Grayson walks up and pats me on the shoulder.

"We all are Drake...we all are." He mumbles. I nod and look back down. My eyes go wide as I see red coloring the grass. I feel my chest and look at my hand. Blood coated it. 'Its not that bad...it's not...' Everything seemed to move in slow motion. I stumble back.

"Woah! Drake?" Grayson calls out. I slowly turn my head to look at him. His face seemed to blur and I couldn't focus.

"I...I'm...fi-" I collapse to the ground before I could finish the sentence.

------

"Drake!!" I open my eyes to see Grayson shaking me.

"H-huh?" I slowly lift my head up.

"Don't move. You are a deathly pale!! Man, what happened?!" He looks at me frantically, on the verge of tears.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice a little raspy.

"You...you stopped breathing." He mumbles.

"What?!" I shoot up and yelp in pain.

"Just...don't move. Something's wrong.." He says and starts inspecting me. I plop my head back down and close my eyes. 'Giving up was your biggest mistake boy. I feed on the weak. Heh....you're dying Drake.' His laugh echoes through my head and I close my eyes tighter. 'I refuse to believe that..' 'Fine. Lie to yourself. When you die, just remember that I was right.' Tears fall down my cheeks and I start to sob.

"Wha-....what's wrong?" Grayson asks.

"What's going on?" I hear Mia's voice and I cry harder. 'Oh Notch....I can't tell them..' 'You seem to have no choice Drake my boy.' I slowly sit up and look at them. Luke comes up, rubbing his eyes.

"I..." I look away for a second.

"Wait, what's going on?" Luke asks.

"Shh!" Mia snaps at him. Luke quiets down and looks at me.

"What is it Drake?" Grayson asks. I sigh.

"It's slow but surely....guys I'm....I'm dying." I explain.

"No no no no NO!!!" Grayson stands up and stomps off. Mia covers her mouth and closes her eyes, trying to hide her emotions. Luke kneels next to me.

"Are you serious?!" Luke asks, eyes wide. I slowly nod and he looks away.

"I'm gonna take revenge on everyone that's hurt you. I swear to Notch I will not rest until everyone that has caused you pain pays for what they did..." He grits his teeth and clenches his fist.

"Woah Luke. Just calm down." He looks at me and I notice tears falling. 'I've never seen him cry before...maybe telling them wasn't the best...' I thought. 'It's better than later.' I sigh shakily. 'I'm scared Armen.' I can sense I soft smile play across his face. 'It's ok Drake. Just always remember....

I'll be waiting on the other side.'