Chapter 3: Mia's P.O.V

I stood in a daze as Grayson knelt next to the motionless body of Drake. 'He's not dead. I refuse to think such nonsense.' I thought to myself. I wipe my eyes and walk to Grayson.

"Is he ok?" I ask, nervous of the answer. He turns to look at me and nods.

"He's fine. Maybe he used too much magic? I mean....He's breathing and all, but I don't know what caused him to go unconscious." He explains.

"You guys did notice the dead grass around, right?" Armen chimes in. I look around and notice the grass. 'What's going on? This obviously can't be normal.' Grayson walks over to a patch and scans over it.

"This has to be where the portal was. The only thing I don't understand is why there is dead grass in the first place."

"Guys...." We turn to look at Armen. He was kneeling on the ground, flickering.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask.

"He's out of energy. Armen. Just go ahead and leave. Get some rest or find a source of energy. We're going to go ahead and take Drake to your old house. Meet us there when your energy restores." He nods and disappears. I look towards the ground and back at Grayson. He walks over to Drake and starts lifting him up.

"Can you help me out? Just grab his waist." I walk over and help pull him up.

"How exactly are we going to get him to the house?" I ask.

"Like this." He pulls Drake on top of his back and carries him. I wince at the thought of how heavy he probably is.

"Lets get going. I don't know how much my back will withstand his weight." I nod and follow his trail.

-------2 Hours Later-------

We begin to follow a gravel path up a small hill. I look up from the ground and towards Grayson. A determined look shines across his face. After all the tears, the heartbreaks, and the disappointments, he still has a strong mind and a courageous heart. Kinda hard not to envy.

"Did we make it?" I ask.

"Yeah....just a little...more..." He answers between breaths. I walk up next to him.

"Need help?" I offer. He shakes his head and continues on. We finally make it to the front doors of the towering building. I gulp and take a step back.

"Kinda creepy don't you think?" I stutter on my words.

"Well yeah. This is where it all started." He says nonchalantly. I stand, stunned by the fact that I am standing face to face with not only the home of the demon himself...but an ancient burial ground too.

"You ok?" He asks. I nod and follow him inside.

"I would be jumping up and down all excited about the archeological stuff this place probably hides, but it just seems so sad to look at. I mean...Herobrine couldn't have started off a demon right? He had to be human before!" I guess. Grayson sets Drake on the floor and turns to me.

"I'm afraid it's not like that Mia. Herobrine was never a human being. The name Collin? That's Armens' brother. Herobrine is a demon that'll take away your life forever. Curses one person and destroys the other..." He looks over at Drake and walks toward his bag.

"I'll start a fire for us and cook some food. You mind taking Drake to the back room over there and putting him in his bed?" I shrug.

"I mean...I'll try." I walk up to Drake and lift him from the arms up. I start dragging him to his room. Grayson starts laughing as he watches my struggle.