Chapter 31: Drake's P.O.V

"Nice dragon you got there." I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and see a grown man with a child next to him.

"Peter?!" Grayson exclaims. He waves, a bright smile on his face.

"Hiya Grayson!" He says happily. The child suddenly starts running towards me and hugs me.

  "Drake!! You're ok!!" He exclaims excitedly. I knew that happy little voice.

  "Nice to see you too Jack." I hug him back. I pull away and look at him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. He cocks an eyebrow at me.

"You really think I was gonna miss an opportunity like this?" I laugh.

"Well, it's great to see you." He smiles.

"Yeah...you too Drake." He smiles up at me.

        "Guys? What do we do now?" Mia asks as she points at the dragon. The dragon looks around and stops at Grayson and me. It jumps up and starts running towards us.

   "No no no!" Grayson exclaims, readying himself. I close my eyes tightly until I'm suddenly sent to the floor. I open my eyes to see Grayson next to me, laughing and a small dragon licking his face. I begin laughing too as the dragon does the same to me.

"That's cute." Luke states, crossing his arms.

     "What're you gonna name him?" Mia asks.

"Hmm...any ideas?" Grayson asks and looks at me.

    "How about Light?" I ask.

"I like it." Luke says.

    "He did come here by light..." Mia states. Grayson lifts up the dragon and examines him. He smiles.

"Light it is." Light makes a small and squeaky roar. I laugh.

    "I think he likes it." 'I like it...'  'Glad you do Armen.' I hear a small laugh and I smile. My smile slowly fades and I look to the ground. 'Are you ok?' Tears begin to drip off my face. I feel a hand on my back and look up. Grayson stands over me, everyone else behind.

"We're fighting with you, ok?" He asks. I stand up and nod.

"Okay." I say as it begins to thunder outside.
--------
Grayson was able to make a fire with the wood we got from the town. How he could make one in a damp cave I had no clue, but he did and I'm eternally thankful.

"This storm isn't making this any better! I'm still freezing!" Grayson states as he throws a stick in the fire. I look next to me and see Grayson huddled up, shivering. 'Armen. Got any ideas on how to warm him up?' 'Uhh...hug him?' 'That's not enough heat.' 'Maybe you can use the heat from your fire magic?' 'Worth a shot.' I look down at my hands and they begin to glow a faint orange and red. The color rises up my arms and throughout my body.

"Why is your body glowing..?" Grayson asks. I look at him and hug him without saying a word.

"Okay why are you-...oh you're warm! How are you warm?" He asks and hugs me back.

"Magic." I answer. Luke stands up and walks over.

"That couldn't have sounded any more cheesy..." He sits down and hugs me.

"I want in!" Mia protests and walks over to Grayson. She hugs him and closes her eyes. At that moment I understood that I wasn't completely alone. That I'm not afraid anymore. 'You're not afraid? Wow kid.....you really got guts don't ya? Let's see where your bravery really stands.....' I feel my body start to fidget, without me controlling it. 'Leave him alone brine! You've done enough!' 'Clearly I haven't....' I stand up quickly, backing away from everyone.

   "Drake? What is it bud?" Grayson asks, worry filling his face.
"I-I....." I feel all my will and control leave me. I tilt my head and grin. 'N-no!!! Hero stop this!!!

   "Drake?!" Grayson stands up and stares at me, fear and concern completely filling his face now.

  "I've had enough. With you three.....With Drake. All of this ends now. You're never seeing him again. Say goodbye....." I unsheathe my sword and prepare to strike. I laugh a menacingly laugh that I've never heard before. I see Grayson reluctantly unsheathe andruin. He stands in front of everyone, giving them as much protection as possible. 'Armen....?' 'Yeah Drake?' I hear the worry in his voice. 'Promise you'll be there on the other side?' 'Wha-' But I was already lunging at Grayson. Quickly, I use all my will. All my magic to take back what control I could muster.

"Drake please take control ba-" Grayson stops talking as he sees my eyes return to normal and I drop the sword. I immediately grab andruin from him.

"Drake!! What are you-" I cut him off.

     "I'm finally making things right....." I reassure him as I drive the fiery embedded sword into my chest.