Chapter Forty-Two - Kier

Kier's POV 

As soon as the sun had begun to set Darren and I left his home to make our way towards the local nightclubs and various bars. Beforehand, I had personally spent at least an hour and forty-five minutes improving my appearance, desperate to make myself appear at least slightly cheerful; if I wanted someone to speak to me I had to seem approachable. Dressed in a tight white shirt, skintight black jeans and faded biker boots I left the house behind Darren, shoulders slumped with my arms crossed tightly against my chest in a protective manner. In all honesty, I wasn't entirely sure that this was a good idea; what if Shane heard about this? Or Drew? Or even Laurence? Surely, Drew would kill me instantly, my blood splattered against the walls of the club as the exact moment he'd heard of where I was he'd come running in the name of protecting his precious Shane. I could only imagine how Laurence would react to hearing of my vile behaviour; I doubt he'd even want to see me again. I hurt his friend, and I know for a fact I'd never be invited to stay with them again, especially not if Drew would be there. He'd make sure of it to never let me step one foot inside that house ever again; Shane too now probably. 

"Perk up, Kempy," Darren called to me, his arm wrapping around my shoulders as he shook me slightly. 

"I am perky," I mumbled in response, giving him a small unconvincing smile; however, he just laughed it off as he released me to continue the short journey. 

Upon reaching the club the first thing I realised was that Darren was leading me away from the lengthy queue and from both the already drunk and impatient young adults. Darren headed over to the nearest guard by the door, digging his hand into his pocket to retrieve his I.D to show to the large man and mumbled a small 'plus one'. Minutes later we were in the club, the loud music blocking out the majority of my thoughts while the bright lights made me squint. 

"How'd you get on the list?" I shouted to Darren, attempting to make him hear me over the deafening sounds. 

"I know the owner," was his only response, followed by a wink. I merely rolled my eyes, heading over to the bar on the right hand side. Ordering a small alcoholic drink and paying a too expensive amount I leant my back against the bar while looking out at the crowd, in search of where my friend had gone. I found him almost immediately, already on the crowded dance floor with a woman either side of him flirting. I released a deep sigh, shaking my head and taking a large gulp of my drink for comfort. 

"What's that sigh for, Handsome?" I heard someone say beside me, causing my head to shoot towards the source. I was met with a young blonde woman, her face coated in a thick layer of makeup while her lips were coloured a deep red, still highly visible no matter how dim the lighting was. 

"No reason," was my reply, shrugging slightly and turning away; regardless of the reason Darren had brought me here, I didn't currently feel in the mood for conversation. 

She chuckled in response, causing my frustration to rise along with the desperation to escape from here and go home. 

"C'mon, Moodyass, lighten up a little." She replied, a hand moving onto my shoulder which I immediately shrugged off. 

"Listen, I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I'm really not in the mood, okay?" I called in response, voice stern. 

She frowned slightly, however after a sip of her own drink she appeared to get over it. She beamed over at me, causing my eyebrows to crease in further annoyance; couldn't she tell that I didn't want to speak to her? 

"Are you here with anyone?" She asked minutes later, appearing not to give up while she twirled her hair between her fingers. 

I merely nodded, continuing to drink and watch my friend in attempt to hint for her to leave me alone. 

"A girl, or?" I sighed once more, turning to her in defeat. 

"No, I'm with my friend; He's just dancing with someone." I replied, more quietly than previous. I couldn't bring myself to attempt to shout over the music anymore. 

"I see," She replied, a large smile on her lips. She moved from the bar, her small, skintight dress shaping her slim figure while she moved her hips in time with the music. "Dance with me." 

I tried to shake my head, mumbling out a small 'I'm not that much of a dancer', but I didn't have the time as the moment she said it, she gripped my wrist and pulled me towards the floor. She twirled towards me, her back meeting my torso as she began to shake her hips against me, unable to see the disgusted expression on my face. I moved with her only slightly, trying to give more hints that I wasn't interested. However, she didn't seem to bothered. After a while I gradually began to give in, finding the reason not to fading as I saw everyone around me appearing so happy; I wanted that. However, the positivity I felt faded the moment my eyes met with someone at the bar, having never had expected to see him in a place like this, or anywhere other than at Laurence's house. 

"Oh god..." I mumbled, eyes locking on the blond man, watching as he pushed his glasses up his nose while sipping at a drink. Pushing his fringe over his eyes, he gently placed his drink on the bar top before turning away from me and walking away. 

"No, Shane! Wait!" I cried out, forcing the dancing woman away from me before running through the crowd in attempt to find him.