Chapter Twenty-Six - Kier

Kier’s POV

My palms felt sweaty as I held Shane’s hands in my own, unable to even tear my eyes away in my fearful state. Why had I ever thought that asking Shane that was a good idea? He’d never want to actually be in a relationship with me. It was the stupidest thing I’d ever done, and know I was going to be rejected. 

“O-Okay…” I heard a timid whispered reply, causing my eyes to wide more and grip Shane’s hands a little tighter – my previous insecurities forgotten.

“What?” I breathed, unable to hold back the large smile slowly curling up on my face. 

“I-I… O-Okay...” He stuttered out once more in confirmation, causing me to giggle slightly. 

"Wow." I breathed in response, my smile forming more confidently into a beaming grin. My now boyfriend's eyes were fixed on our entwined hands, which caused me to be a little concerned about whether he truly wanted this until I saw the corners of his mouth curl upwards, settling my anxiety.

"Is this what you really want?" I continued to ask, regardless of the confirmation I received only seconds before. I needed to hear it nevertheless; Shane could be difficult to read sometimes. 

I watched intently as Shane nodded, a harsh blush forming on his cheeks as he finally looked up from his gaze at our hands to stare into my own eyes. "Y-Yeah..." He breathed and my grin surprisingly managed to grow even wider. Yet another 'Wow.' left my lips, unable to merely process the thought of someone like him wanting to even consider the idea of being in a relationship with me, let alone it actually happening. I was in complete awe of the man in front of me, my glistening eyes locking with his as we got lost in each other swirling orbs. 

"Thank you." I stumbled out, receiving a soft chuckle in response.

"D-Don't thank me, d-dumbass." He replied, shaking his head gently while his body vibrated with gentle giggles. A harsh blush began to form across my cheeks, yet I continued to gaze into his eyes while listening to his musical chuckles.

"Sorry..." I stumbled, releasing slightly shaky chuckles at my own now apparent foolish response while Shane giggled more, responding to my reply with a small, but surprisingly confident 'shush you.' 

We fell into silence soon after, simply enjoying the others company while I quite happily gazed into his eyes. Shane was perfection to me, and it baffled me how shy and subconscious the man actually was. He had his problems, that I knew he hadn't even touched upon before, yet that didn't stop me from feeling something strong for the timid blond. He was all I could think about.

I moved up to lie down on Shane's bed, my head resting comfortably on the pillows and opened my arms for Shane to cuddle up to me; I'd wanted this for so long. 

Shane looked at me in embarrassment, eyes a little wider than usual but once I gave him my reassuring grin he shuffled towards me and cuddled into my side, allowing my arm to curl protectively around his waist. He was quite tense at first, but once I started gently rubbing the side of his slim form, I found him beginning to relax in my arms. 

"T-This is nice." Shane whispered, looking up at me through his fringe that he'd flicked back over his eyes when he thought I hadn't noticed. 

"It is," I nodded in agreement, smiling down at him and blowing gently on his face, yet again moving the thick hair from his eye line , which caused him to giggle. "I could get used to this." I added, only partly joking with him, but I was amazed when he responded with a gentle hum in agreement; It only sent me into a deeper daze - He wanted to be with me; Someone actually wanted to be with me... Shane actually wanted to be with me. 

"Kier?" Shane whispered after another few moments of silence, a shaky hand tucking his wandering fringe behind his ear and pushing his drooping glasses higher up his nose. "I... I-I want t-to get better." 

A sense of pride overcame me, my smile softening almost lovingly as I gazed down at my brave partner. 

"F-For you." He added moments later, causing the smile to almost instantly fall. 

"No, Shane... Not for me." I tried to argue, but he ignored my protest and continued. "I-I can't do it for anyone else, I-I've tried... B-But if I get better and b-become more confident, I-I might be a b-better boyfriend... t-then I'll be able to protect you better." He mumbled, an almost pleading expression on his lips as our eyes locked on each others orbs - the shining distraction leading me to melt. 

"Okay." I mumbled, reluctantly agreeing to Shane's wishes. "I want to help, however I can. Just let me know, okay?" 

Shane nodded, his lips curling into a beaming smile. "T-Thank you."

"No problem, Sweetie." However, I wasn't particularly sure what he was thanking me for.