Casha

"Baby what should I do for my birthday?" I ask. "I don't know babe... What you thinking?" "A huge elegant dinner party......" "We could do that... You invite your fam, some friends, I'll invite some of my clients." "True!" "I'll call my assistant and have her set that up with everyone... You just make an invite list, and I'll do the rest of the work" "Thank you babycakes ." "Don't call me that." He says actually looking at me. I laugh and shake my head.

His phone rings, "What's up Nia?... Today?... I thought I told you to reschedule that?.... Okay." He hangs up. "I have to go to work, a client just has to come in on my day off." "It's cool baby, go have fun at work." "Yes, that'll happen." He says sarcastically "I'll have you some dinner ready when you get back." "Look at you, what I do to deserve this?" He asks. "Just you being you, ya know." "Your about to have me feeling special and shit." I laugh at him, "Uhm Mhm... Don't miss me too much while your gone." "I always do," He grabs his keys, and leave out.

I had no idea what I wanted to cook, maybe some shrimp Alfredo. I head to the grocery store and pick up the things I need for dinner. My phone rings, it's T. "Hey T.!" "What's up baby mama? How you doing?" "I'm good, how are you?" "I'm great, your birthday is coming up right?" "Yup in a week in a half its here." "Turn up the girl what you doing for it?" "An Elegant and fancy dinner party." "Sounds good." "Your invited, I missed you at Jr's birthday party." "I know man." "So who told you to get a boyfriend, young lady?" "You almost sound like Jr in a much more respectful way..."

He laughs, "That hot headed ass nigga." "Right," "So answer the question baby mama." "I didn't know I needed permission T." "You do from me, he cool and all but I need to know the scoop." "What you wanna know T?" "What does he do for a living?" "He works with celebrities." "How is he treating you?" "Amazing actually." "Uhm Mhm, what would he do if Jayden was falling off a cliff?" I laugh, "T really?" "He gone be around my nephew I'm curious to know."

"Well one if Jayden is playing near a cliff, ima kill you and Jr because I'm sure you two would have something to do with it and two ask him yourself at the dinner party." "I will... So what's up with you and Jr?" "Hmm, he hasn't told you?" "Nah..." "It's the same oh same in the world with Jr and Cay in it together." "Oh Lord." "He trips over the littlest things."

"He's not over you." "I can't help that T" "I know Cay but I'm just saying." "What happen to all that talk about go be happy and blah blah...." "You know he was lying." "He shouldn't have a reason to lie to me." "This Jr we're talking Cay." "This is Casha your talking your talking to T " "Yall so extra.. But I'm glad your happy, and new man is treating you right, he sounds like a real cool dude."

"Thank you and He is! How's Tia?" "She's good, the babies are getting bigger." "Aw, I can't wait to see them." "They can't wait to see you Auntie Cay... I'll let you finish what your doing." "Alright talk to you later T." "Okay." We hang up. I finish shopping,band get ready to head to the front. "Hm, funny seeing you hear..." I see MaKayla. What would Malik want me to do in this? Probably keep it moving, but he's not here right now. "Bitch it's a store, it's not uncommon to be in one." She had a friend with her, and the girl laughs.

"Whatever Cay. You finally have your own man I hear..." "You finally have the one I had, your welcome." "I didn't say thank you bitch." "Keep calling me a bitch and Jr will be planning a funeral." "Empty threats I see." "Nah I make promises bitch." "It's cool, I see why now I'm the one tucking your son in at night, I wouldn't want him near you either" I wanted to reach back and slap her ass so bad. "Bitch-" "What's going on here?" Jr asks.

MaKayla and her friend walk off laughing. "Jr get your bold ass girlfriend before I caught a charge." "Cay chill out with that shit man." I know by the that, he's in one of his funky ass moods. I continue checking out, and leave out. "Cay wait." Jr says running up beside me. "What do you want Jr?" "Nothing, I was just checking on you." "Hm," I get in the car and head to the house, that trip took me longer than I thought. By the same I start cooking Malik is walking in.

"Cay, get in here." I roll my eyes, I'm not feeling the sound of his voice. "Yes Malik?" I say coming into the feeling. "What's up with you and Taty?" "Nothing Malik," "Nah, with Jr..." I suck my teeth, "What you know?" "Your mad because you think Taty and Jr have something going on..." I laugh, "That's it?" I swear leave it to Taty, to only tell half of the story. "Yes it is," "Hmph..." "Cay I thought we discussed this." "What did I do Malik?"

He shakes his head, "Alright Cay." If he was acting like this about that, then I know he would flip about the grocery store visit. I roll my eyes and go back into the kitchen. "That's your cousin Cay, she wouldn't do shit with Jr." "That's what you think." I mumble. "Don't act like I didn't see the tabloids either, why you at the store showing out?" "I didn't do anything," "Okay Cay." He sits down at the table, watching me cook the whole time.

I pull out my phone to text Taty. :Classic real classic:

Taty:What you talking about?:

:You telling only half the story, thanks !:

Taty: Whatever Cay, it's not my fault your mad:

:Same o Taty huh? Just can't keep away can you:

Taty: That's none of your business and its not even what your thinking:

:Whatever.:

I put my phone down. I finish cooking, I'm not as hungry as I was initially. "I have some good news..." Malik says. "Do tell..." "I talked with my boss and I'm getting ready to take over the empire." "Good job baby, I'm proud of you" "Thank you, thank you."

"Hard work pays off." "Your right." He says looking at me. "What's going on with you Cay?" "Nothing..." "Your lying..." "It's nothing Malik." "Keep lying to me, okay?" I don't say anything. I didn't want to tell him the truth and rat out on Taty, and I also didn't want to go through the motions of hearing Malik mouth all night. So I lie again, "Just that time of the month babe." "Uhm mhm." I knew he wasn't going to go for that.

I smile a little, I swear this man can see right through me. I finish eating. " I didn't even know people were watching at the grocery store." I say. "Them people are everywhere." "I see that now," "So you have to stay normal while out." "If only my life was really normal." I say icing the cake.

Malik comes up behind. "I'm ready to listen whenever your ready to talk." He says stealing a little icing. I turn around and look at him. "Keep your hands away from my cake." "Girl this is my cake." He says with his hands sliding down on me. I laugh, "Not that cake," He kisses my lips, and goes into the dining room. I reach for my phone but I left it on the table.

I hear Malik chuckle. "Why you playing games Cay?" "I'm not Malik." "Yeah alright... I'll catch you later babe." "Where you going?" "Home for the night." I look at him, his facial expression isn't a happy one. "Whatever Malik." "It's not whatever, figure your shit out Cay." He leaves out. I go to the table and see me and Taty conversation open. This is just great! I leave out.