Casha

My birthday is quickly approaching, it looks like I'm solo dolo for dress shopping. I should really invest in some friends but then again who has time for that drama. I get dressed and prepare to head out the door. I hear the front door open.

"Malik, what are you doing here?" "I didn't know I needed a reason to come see you." He says looking at me. "You haven't talked to me in 2 weeks, don't blame me for acting surprised." "You can't blame me for not talking to you." "You could've let me know you were still alive or something." "Well Cay.... Where you going?

"To the mall, to find a dress for the party." "I'll drive." We get in his car. It's quiet the entire ride over. Once we're inside, I go straight to my favorite dress shop. "Are you still being my date or are you still in your feelings?" I ask. "I'll still be your date." I spot one I instantly love. I go to the fitting room to try it on. I love the way it fits. It reminds me of something out of the movie Gatsby, I go out.

"How does this look baby?" I ask Malik. "It looks good on you." He says casually not even looking my way. He glances over at me. "What you come here for if your going to acting like that?" I say with an attitude. I loved it so I'm buying it. I put my clothes back on and go up to register. Malik slides his card on to the counter but I pick it up and hand it to him. "I got it." I say talking out my card. "No I got it." He hands the woman his anyway. I suck my teeth and put mine away.

The woman looks at us for a few seconds, and finally slides the card. She wraps up my dress and hands it to me. "Thank you." We walk out and Malik tries to grab my hand. I politely move it away. We go into the shoe store next. I see these cute red bottoms that coordinate with dress well. I manage to pay for them myself only because Malik had a phone call. I go out the store. "Why you do that?" He asks. "What?" "Pay for them shoes, I told you I got it." "I'm capable of paying for my things." "Casha Harris ." "Malik Johnson." "Don't play with me." "I'm not." "It's for your birthday, I got it." "Whatever."

We go into the the jewelry store next. I wasn't really feeling anything in there. We stop by the food court. " What you want?" Malik asks. "Chinese..." "Go order what you want." "Uhm mhm." I go over to the Chinese spot and order my food. He comes over and pays for it. "Thanks." I says once they hand me my food. He goes and gets his pizza. We head back to my apartment. I get inside and change clothes. Once I'm done I go sit back in the living room to see Malik helping himself to my plate.

"I didn't say was sharing." I pick up my plate and snatch my fork from him. He hits my ass. "That hurt nigga." "It's suppose to, I was eating off that." "So." I say sitting on the other sofa. "Why you over there?" "Because I want to be." "Come sit by me." "No thank you." He comes and sit beside me. "How I go from being mad at you to you being mad at me?" "I don't know." "Do you want to talk about what happen?" "Two weeks was such a long time ago, I barely remember." I say being extra dramatic.

He laughs, "Baby." I bite some of my chicken. "Baby." He says again. "Casha Harris." "Whatttt Malik.?!?" He was starting to annoy me. "I'm not apologizing for that shit that went down the other week and I'm not about to deal with your attitude either... Chill all that shit out." I really like how he just flipped the script on me. "Well...." "So we're going to move past this or your going to be sitting here by yourself with an attitude."

I roll my eyes, "Alright Malik." "So what you gone do?" "We can move past this." "That's what I thought..." "Shut up..." He snatches my fork and bites some of my chicken. "Malik." I snatch my fork back. He laughs and kisses my lips. "What you want for your birthday?" He asks. "I don't know." "Alright, I know what ima get you." I smile, "What?" "You'll see." My phone rings, and it's Jr. "What's up lil buddy?" "Lil buddy? That's dead Cay. What you doing?" "Eating Chinese and talking to Malik." "Oh."