Twenty-Three

HAVIERRE

"BRANDON, GALE, QUINN, AURI, put him to the lab and run some tests," I instructed my four assistants as they stood in front of me

"BRANDON, GALE, QUINN, AURI, put him to the lab and run some tests," I instructed my four assistants as they stood in front of me. Their bodies straight as rom rods.

"Yes, Director," they replied in unison.

"Good." I clasped my hand on my back and turned around from them. The hovering leather chair shifted as I sat on it.

I opened the drawer in my desk and took the metal rod with pyramidical shape on its end. Mg fingers felt its cold surface as I played it in both of my hands.

This was a key. A key in a laborataryo which I was the only one who was allowed to enter. A laboratory wherein a very important subject was housed. A subject that I oversee myself.

"Sir, are we going to test him immediately?" Gale asked, caution was prominent on his face. He was a scientist and a researcher from the Minstry of Science and Research in England.

I stared straigh into his bright blue eyes. "What do you think?" I spat.

"I'm apologize, sir. We'll run the tests on him immidiately." His cheeks turned red and he found his shoes suddenly interesting. They bowed their heads and departed my office, leaving me alone in this brightly lit office.

I looked to my right and gazed upon the five subjects. They all looked magnificent and powerful

Someday, all of you will be on my army.

As the thought crossed my mind, a smirk crawled in my lips.

Tumayo ako at itinaglay ang bakal na susi na nilalaro ko sa kamay ko kanina. Naisip ko na gusto ko ngayong bisitahin 'yon. Gusto ko siyang makita. Lumabas ako ng aking opisina at bumulaga sa 'kin ang isang mahabang pasilyo. Habang ako'y naglalakad ay may mga nakakasalubong ako at wala silang mintis na bumabati sa 'kin na para 'kong isang hari.

Others were even shocked to see me grazing these hallways. I didn't often leave my office. I just leave it everytime I would visit that laboratory.

Matapos maglakad ng halos sampung minuto ay nakarating na ako sa aking pupuntahan. Ipinasok ko ang metal rod na nagsisilbing susi sa may tabi ng pinto at isang ilaw ang nag-scan sa aking buong katawan.

"Identity confirmed," a female voice declared. A hologram appeared in front of the huge metal doors and the voice asked, "Please enter the required code."

My fingers hovered above the keyboard and swiftly tapped the code.

0001-αΩ-907FgX

"Password confimed," it said and the door opened with a hiss. The lights opened the moment I stepped inside the illuminated circular room.

Good day, Director Goldberg, bati ng supercomputer.

"Hexa?" I called.

What is it sir? sagot naman agad no'ng supercomputer.

"Show me the subject," I ordered and in the middle of the room a trapdoor opened and an incubatore emerged revealing the first subject of this experiment. I approached it and rested my palms on the thick glass that separated the both of us from each other.

One day, you will be completed and you will be ready. And together, we will be reconciled again.

"Hexa, show me the project's progress." I turned around but my eyes were still on the incubator, savoring the person's beauty inside.

Yes sir, sagot niya at may hologram naman na lumabas sa tabi ng incubator. Lahat ng detalyo patungkol sa kaniya ay nakasaad doon. Simula sa kaniyang brain activity hanggang sa kaniyang heart rate. Lahat 'yon ay nahandoon at lahat 'yon ay madalas kong tinitingnan.

Binasa ko 'yon at hindi ko mapapigilang mapangiti nang makita ko ang nasa pinaka-ilalim ng hologram.

Project Progress: 94%

Finally, the progress had reached 94%.

For more than 100 years that you were here, sleeping, finally the time of your wake had arrived.

Project: The Main Plan

Soon, you'll be awake and soon, we will steal the light from the stars.

Together, we'd be divine. We would be the gods of this modern era.

 We would be the gods of this modern era