Fifty-Seven

BEATREESE

IT HAPPENED SO FAST I couldn't believe my eyes

IT HAPPENED SO FAST I couldn't believe my eyes. We were so absorbed by the happenings we didn't hear a guard had clicked his gun and shot Kato. He fell and his lightning dispersed. Cade caught him in his strong arms.

Deo moved so fast and blasted the guard with his thin laser beams. The guard didn't had have a chance to fire at us for the second time as his heart was melted from his ribs.

Kato's right shoulder were bleeding. Cade laid his body gently on the soaked floor and ripped Deo's black long-sleeves. He tied the cloth in his bleeding shoulder and put pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

I knelt beside Kato and looked straigh into his eyes, his eyelids growing heavy. "Please, 'wag mong isasara 'yang mata mo. I know na kakayanin mo," I said as I gently squeezed his hand.

He smiled. "Susubukan ko."

Tumingin ako kay Cade at kay Deo. Tumango naman sila sa 'kin. May kinuha si Cade na isang ID sa isa sa mga apat na nadatnan namin kanina at hindi ko alam kung para saan 'yon. Nilagay niya 'yon sa kaniyang bulsa bago buhayin ulit si Kato gamit ang kaniyang malalakas na braso. Nauna na siyang lumabas sa umuusok na pinto. Huminto muna siya nang sandali para tumingin sa paligid kung may nagbabadya bang mga gwardya.

Tulad ng aming plano, susubukan rin naming magligtas ng iba kung kakayanin namin. Hinabol namin si Cade sa pinto. Bumalik kami sa pangatlong pinto na may nakalagay na:

Project: Dioscuri: Pollux

Deo, without further ado, blasted the doors. The chamber was exactly the same with Cade's but the difference was a man in his twenties showed up. And he wasn't inside a tube but instead he was lurking around the room. I was confused for a moment. But then I saw the walls weren't bombarded by holograms but rather a single huge one that said:

Project Complete: Ready For The Army

So that was it. He was completed. He was ready. The young employee's words had came back into my mind.

Superhumans.

Biological weapons.

It all made sense to me now. This organization was turning human into weapons. And this man in front of us was no longer human, but a device used to destroy. To kill.

I couldn't sense that there was still human left in him. His wavelengths were different from a normal random spikes of waves of a human. His were controlled. His were . . . calculated. As if someone was controlling it—controlling him. His consciousness had given up and let that thing—whichever or whoever was manipulating him—take over his mind, his very essense.