Thirty-Five

CADE

MY BODY HAD LOST its sense of time

MY BODY HAD LOST its sense of time. Without any clock here to tell the time, I didn't know if it was morning or night. But then I realized the cycle of day didn't matter in outer space. In here, it was all darkness with only little twinkling starts that served as my light. Even that, I couldn't see, because I was at the heart of this facility. No windows to look and appreciate the stars. Every time I would open my eyes, white walls were the only ones that greeted me.

Trapped here for several days—I wasn'tsure—I could almost see their smiles every time they do it. Anything could push me out of sanity—the walls, the lights, the ceilings, and of course, the ruler of them all, my own thoughts. Some days, they were hostile.

You'll never get away in here. You will rot here as they steal your consciousness away from you, and someday you will kill thousands, even millions, of people without even knowing it.

Your family's death was the curse of your power's blessing.

Even though with that power, you still failed to save them. You're worthless. You're pathetic.

Some days, they were vengeful.

Kill everyone who had killed them. Show no mercy.

Let your power grow and grow until no one could ever stop you. You are powerful and you deserve to be looked up upon.

And some days, they just wanted everything to end.

How I wish I was the one who died and not them. Will they suffer like I do?

Little by little I was wandering farther and farther away from sanity, and what kept me anchored to it was the frequent visits of Goldberg's minions. It gave me the chance to talk to someone. Even though they were doing their jobs quietly, I still talk to them and they would just either answer me with a nod or a word.

Marami silang mga tests na pinagawa sa 'kin. Iba't ibang uri to ng mga pagsusulit at lahat 'yon ay nangyayari sa loob ng aking isip. Pero kahit gano'n, pakiramdam ko'y naranasan ko ang lahat ng 'yon nang totohanan. Kahit gusto ko nang magpahinga ay hindi nila ako hinahayaan at sa halip ay isasabak na naman sa isa bang simulation.

Iba't-ibang simulation ang pinasabak nila sa 'kin. Iba't-ibang bangungot ang aking naranasan sa iisang pagtulog at lahat ng aking kinatatakutan ay nangyayari sa mga simulasyong iyon. Lahat na yata ng hindi gustong makita ng mga tao sa kanilang bangungot ay nakita't naranasan ko na. Kahit kailan, hinding-hindi ko na gugustuhin pang bumalik sa mga lugar na 'yon.