Opposites Don't Attract

(Lauren)

"When I think of a lot of words to describe life, easy isn't one of them. I find life challenging in all aspects. Finding a job to getting into college to friends and family. We all have our battles, yet we never want to help each other out. We rather sigh in relief and then laugh at those who struggle. You might say it's what we do but when did it become a time in society where we should ever become like that" I say looking at an opened mouth Normani.

"Laur I asked you to describe life in one word not the opposite, What's wrong," she says and I look at her and question if I should tell her but decide against it.

"Nothing I just must be stressed out from school," I say and she laughs.

"You stressed about school, as if. This is your playground" she says and I smile. Mani has been there for me since the beginning and never left my side. I feel like people never appreciate true friends.

*bell rings*

"That's our cue," she says and I frown.

"That hell has officially started. One day down, a thousand more to go" she says and I smile.

I actually enjoy school. I mean most people think it's weird how I sit with Normani and ally because they're cheerleaders and I'm more of a home bodied person but what can I say, they get me.

"Hey, Laur, mani" ally says and I can't help to smile at her smile. Even though she's the captain of the team she's nothing like the stereotypical grade A bitch you see in movies and tv shows.

"Now class I know that with this being your first day back and you being seniors, you don't want to do anything. However, this is life and it goes on with or without you" he says and they all groan while I just continue to listen.

"I need you to partner up and get together so that way you can do your first project which will be due in exactly one month. It's chemistry so it will be science-based. You will learn the discovery of polonium 210 and write a report on it. I expect graphs and charts and no more than 4 pages but no less than 2" he says and I nod liking the sound of it. It's an easy A. I look to Normani who of course says yes and I wink.

"No Lauren and Normani, you guys are partners for everything. In fact, you all are always partners and I'm tired of the same work. How about this...... Ally and Sabrina. Carl and Erica. Kendrick with josh............ Dinah with Lauren, last Normani with Camilla" he says.

"It's pronounced cameela" I look up to see the co-captain Camila Cabello and see her upset that she and Dinah aren't partners. They're also friends with Normani and ally but I've never spoken to her.

"So, you gonna stare at her all day or go talk to Dinah," Normani says and I nod in agreement and walk up to Dinah. I sit down as she turns around and she seems relieved it's someone she knows of.

" I'll do all the work and you'll get an A," I say looking down continuing to read as she clears her throat. I don't look up and see she's starting to get annoyed so I look up.

"I'm Dinah and I want to help. I might be in this outfit but I don't have a brain of a cheerleader and I certainly don't need to copy off of anyone. We do the project, we're going to do it right. You have gorgeous eyes by the way" she says coming off aggressive.