Get Your Head In The Game

(Lauren's Pov)

Im laying in bed and have my eyes shut to get some rest when I hear the little pip squeaks voice and then she jumps on me, making me groan.

"Get up silly" she says and I smile at her.

"I wasn't sleep " I say to her and see her smirk.

"I never said you were sleep but I want to say thank you. Whatever you told my dad, he's letting me stay with you guys" she says and I'm taken back at how mature she sounds.

"Close your mouth something might fall in it" she says smirking and I glare at the little girl while smiling.

"You know you seem pretty oblivious on the phone when I talked to you" I say and she plays dumb.

"What does that mean" she says and I smirk at the little pup in front of me.

"How old are you" I ask curiously as she doesn't talk at her age level.

" 8, now What happen to your hands" she says frowning at looking at them before kissing them and smiling as I blush.

"Hey what are you guys talking about" Camila says shooting me a look and I nod my head.

"Nothing, how old is she" I ask as I try to scoot away from sofi  but she just sits on my lap still watching my movement.

"5 why" she says and I stare at the little girl before me smirking.

"She don't act 5" I say as I slide from underneath her.

"Now I know my baby is not going to just sit there, come here and give me some sugar cutie" I hear and scoff. I love them but I'm really not in the mood.

"DINAH" she yells and runs to get into the Polynesian women arms.

"I miss you munchkin" she says and I use this as a chance to leave out for a bit.

I go downstairs and feel arms wrap around my waist and smile. I turn into them and breath in her Beyoncé perfume.

"We need a laurmani day" she says and I frown.

"A what" I say pulling away from her and seeing her frown.

"It's a ship name me and you are laurmani. It's our name smooched together" she says making kissy faces.

"I've been meaning to ask you, can you not be so affectionate towards Camila" I say and see her instantly start smirking.

"Why would I do that. She doesn't have a boyfriend thanks to you ruining all her dates and I don't see anyone taking interest in her?" She says more of a question.

"She doesn't need that right now. So can you please just knock it off" I say and get pissed off. I try to walk off but she grabs me.

"Hey" she says and I look at her waiting for her to speak.

"I'm just messing with you. I know you have feelings for her, I honestly didn't expect you to because that's not part of our deal but things happen right" she says seriously and I sigh.

"I'm not Falling for her, I'm doing what I need to do and then I leave like plan" I say and see her laugh.

"Lauren your the biggest idiot on planet earth. Any guy and girl from a mile away can see the way you look at her. You claim her as if she's yours and ask your bank account how important she is to you" she says harshly.

"I'm sorry I know I fucked up spending some of our money but I honestly didn't mean to" I say biting my lip and looking anywhere but her.

"You didn't mean to give 75,000 dollars to Camila's mom in order for her safety" she says loud and I instantly corner her.

"Will you lower your voice about this" I say harshly and see her laugh.

"You didn't" I hear and sigh in annoyance as Normani side passes me.

"We're not done talking. Ally we should head out. I would ask Lauren to join us but it seems like she has different plans but it wouldn't be the first now would it" Normani says and leaves.

"You paid my mom in order to keep me safe" she whispers and watch her eyes flicker on the floor as if she's trying to find something.

"Yeah but you shouldn't have heard that. What else did you hear" i ask watchin her body language.

"Just that, what's with you and secrets. I've never met a person so in their skin before. If someone even looks at you the wrong, way you growl" she says and I sigh.

"Secrets are what keep you safe"

"In the dark" she says quickly.

"I know" she says and I watch as she looks at me for any sign of yes or no posture but all I do is frown.

"I don't know what your talking about" I say and see her laugh.

"I know it was you that saved me that night Lauren. I've been watching you closely and the others. You won't give me your number.The texts, the looks, the whispering from the girls. Ally even admitted to you being the one who saved me" she says getting closer and closer to me.

"Why........" She says and looks down before looking up and her breath hitches. I stare in pure anger, maybe she will drop the subject.

"Why what" I say trying to walk away but get grabbed by the hand as I walk away. I look down at the contact and look up at her.

"Why did you save me" she says. looking her eyes I see her pleading for an answer.

"Not all people on this earth are bad" I say and walk out the house and get in the car. I drive to Normani's and bust through the door. I spot them laughing but both turn pale when they see me.

"Now you want to show up" mani says.

"WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM" I yell and grip up Normani.

"We're not staying here Lauren, and your catching feelings. Stop thinking about her because she can't go where we're going. The plan was to save her from killing herself make sure she's stable and then bail.

"I can't stop thinking about her" I whisper while a tear slides down my face.

"Well what do you think is going to happen, when things don't start adding up and she start asking questions" ally says softly.

"The house, the money, your parents" mani says softly.

"I don't know" I said and start to bite my lip.

"How will you explain to her all that happened last year" she says and I sigh.

"We only want what's best for you and that is to go with our plan. We've been here too long already" ally says and I shake my head.

"We've been here all our life" I say and they smile and shake their head.

"No we made everyone around us believe that we have been here all their life. Lauren you need to put your head in the game" she says and I frown.

"I want out, I want to stay here and start a life with Camila, a real life. Not one were we have to hide and run our whole lives.

"We're not running our whole life just a few more months" she says and I sigh while throwing my hands in my hair.

"Chris and Taylor already started packing, I think it's best if you did too"