Regret Is A Powerful Thing

(Lauren's Pov)

"We need to talk" she says looking at me and all I see is pity in her eyes.

"Can we do it tomorrow, I'm drained" I can barley whisper and see her wanting to say yes but shakes her head.

"No, I need answers Lauren" she says and I sigh. I lay back down under the covers and get comfortable.

"Come here" i whisper a little louder than last time and I wait until she gets into the bed under the covers with me. I look at her and see a million things racing in her head yet she's stuck on where to start. I watch her open and close her mouth a whole bunch of times trying to find a way to say it. I watch as she takes a deep breath and calm herself down before looking at me silently.

"What did you do that my mom let me go" she says searching my eyes. I look at her and see her searching for answers. But I also see a part of her questioning if she really wants to know or not. I get out of the bed and open my door making Dinah, Normani, Ally, Chris and Taylor spill out.

"Um, we were just......." I sigh annoyed and grab my book and start drawling. Drawling will help me calm down.

"Being nosy" Camila says and I smirk. I watch Taylor whisper to Chris and see him go pale.

"So how did you get the problem to go away" ally says cheerful.

"Yeah, I've been trying for ages" Dinah says finally relieved.

"Who cares. What matters is mila is safe now" mani says and they all agree.

"Yeah so drop the subject" Chris says harshly and I look up to see him glaring at a smirking Taylor whose looking in my direction.

"Did you kill her. Maybe it's in your blood now to be a murder. You know what they say once you black you never go back. Is that how you solve all your problems now" Taylor asks smirking and I snap my pencil by accident. I see I've catched Camila's attention while the rest argue with Taylor.

"I'll be back" I say but feel a tug on my arm. I look down to see Camila looking worried but my eyes are cloudy that I smile.

"I'm fine, I just need to leave for a second" I say and walk out to the garage. My garage is my play room. I clean it once a year and then reck it through out the whole year. That's how I get my anger and sadness and all out. I walk in and it reeks of blood and depression. I think back to what my sister says and start throwing shit everywhere.

"You must be a murder" I mimic in Taylor's voice while punching a hole in the wall, revisiting my knuckles.

"Once you go black you never go back" I mimic and swing my bat into a glass house I bought recently. I kick the wall as hard as I can and scream in pain forgetting my leg is broken. I start to fall tripping over something and close my eyes tight for the impact but it never happens. I open my eyes to a teary eyed Camila. I try to walk away but I almost fall again.

"Let me help you"she says, begging me. I try to walk again only to almost fall again. Chris comes in and throws me over his shoulder and walks me into the house. He puts me down gently in the bed and I just lay there numb. Camila climbs into the bed waiting for me to speak.

"Have you ever done something you thought would help everyone but in reality, only made your life a nightmare" I barley whisper.

"Me killing him, it was the best and worst day of my life. The bet because my sister was no longer this stranger in our home but my worst because I have nightmares of him. People make joke of it but I think of it all the time. I regret killing him. I didn't know all of this came as a consequence. I didn't kill your mother Camila" I say and search for her to do something dramatic like sigh in relief or say thank goodness or something but she doesn't do anything but frown.

"Did you think I thought you killed her" she says and frown even more while I look everywhere but her.

"Look at me" she says and I sigh but look.

"I would never think that low of you Lauren" she says and I smile as I hear the sincerity and see it written all over her face.

"Is that why your always so angry and sad, because your past is catching up with you" she says and I nod.

"I'm tired of the reminder, I just want to move on and continue with life. But I have to keep being reminded everywhere I go about the one thing I try to erase from my memory" I say looking at her and smiling sadly.

"What did you do that made my mom go away" she says and I smile but I shake my head no.

"You don't have to worry your little heart. All you got to worry about is that, someone is coming over tomorrow to see us. Dinah thinks we both need therapeutic help for all that we've been through so I'm going to call an expert to help us out" I say and see her frown.

"Where are your parents. I never see them" she says and my smile drops.

"That's a story for another time, let's just get some rest" I say and flip over.

(Camila's Pov)

I watch as the whole atmosphere change at the mention of her parents but don't push it. I wrap my arms around her and snuggle into her. Today has been an eventful one. Lauren is hurting more than growing and it hurts me to see her like this. I still haven't confronted her like I wanted to but decide to wait till later to ask.

(Next morning)

I wake up to the sound of screaming and playing and frown. The voice is so childlike so young. I also hear Lauren's voice and smile. I frown because Lauren didn't tell me she had a baby sister.

"I'm going to get you" Lauren says and I smile as the little girl screams.

"Camila" she screams and laugh but I instantly shot up out of bed. I run downstairs and look everywhere for that voice. Instantly someone got on my back and laugh in my ear and I start to cry so hard.

"Why are you crying mila" she says softly as I put her down and look at her and shake my head.

"I love you" I say and squeeze her to death.

"Mila let go, me and Lauren are playing" she says as Lauren comes in propped up in the door way.

"How" is all I say.

"Like I said, Dinah figure we need a therapeutic figure. I choose someone you wouldn't have to force yourself to open up to. I called your father last week and agreed to Sofia staying with us for a little while.

"How" I say and see her smile and shrug.

"I miss you Camila" she says and I laugh with tears.

"Why are you crying" she says sadly.

"Because I miss you too baby girl, I miss you too"