Which Path To Take

"There comes a time in life when you have to choose a path. You either choose the road that everyone wants you to take or the road you hear your heart calling" She says and I smile, having hope that I can stay but she laughs.

"But That's the thing Lauren, You don't have a heart. You don't have a life, your dead" she says and reality hits me.

"How many times do I have to be reminded" I say while packing.

"Listen, I've been watching you and Camila and to be honest, I ship you guys. I told mom I took out the 75,000 but sooner or later the money and the favors and the compulsion will all wear off and then reality is going to hit them. Last year is going to be brought back up again and we're going to have to flee for our lives" Megan says.

"I used compulsion again on everyone. It should last for another year" I say and hear my sister laugh.

"You shouldn't have to trick people into welcoming you. Besides you been a senior for two years, you can't go another or people will get suspicious. The new place we go, we will not need to compel. There will be no need. We're going back to moms vampire academy" she says and I scoff.

"There's no way in hell I'm going. You can't make me, I understand Taylor and Chris are excited and want to go but Im not" I say and get gripped up by my sister. Her eyes turn a different color and her teeth come out. I stay in my natural form and stare off at her.

"You might be older in human years but I'm older in vampire" I growl and see her hiss before walking out.

"You can't be serious about staying" normani says and I sigh as I walk/limp over to the drawer.

"Can you please take off that cast, no humans are around" she says and I snap my desk.

"ENOUGH" I yell at Normani and see her shocked.

"Stop talking like we weren't human before. Stop belittling them like you didn't have a beating heart once" I growl and see her shake her head.

"Lauren, what century were you born" she says and I look away in guilt.

"Exactly, our generation wasn't like this generation where you dressed to show skin and act as a slut. You were whipped and punished for showing skin and you were a dead women walking, sleeping with multiple women. So these humans or friends or whatever you want to call them, stop feeling pity for them" she growls and walk out.

"You okay" ally says quietly and I sigh.

"I argued twice and lost, I don't want to go for a third round" I say and see her smile.

"I'm tired of living Lauren. Can you ever imagine me saying that I'm tired of living. I'm tired of watching our loved ones die. I'm tired of the pettiness our "age" distributes" she says and I just listen.

"What would you do" I ask and see her sigh.

"I would stay and have a person remind me what love truly is. I would live a good ten years before they found out and killed me but I would know every minute with that person would be worth it" she says and I start letting the wheels turn in my head.

"I'm not going with you guys to the academy. Tell my mother that........"

"Anything you have to tell me can be told right now" my mother interrupts and I go wide eye.