Chapter 21 - Slow Motion

I Hope you all enjoy!!! I stayed up all night to get these two update done (ch.21 &22) ! Would finish the 3rd one but I have to go to bed now, I have work in the morning. 2:26 a.m.

READ!!!!

COMMENT!!!

VOTE!!!!

Please no need to correct me! I will read over once I am free and edit!

______________

QUINN'S P.O.V.

________________

"Ok Quinn, I have to go now, just wanted to check in with you and make sure you are doing ok." Cara smile sitting in the chair in front of my desk.

I am so grateful for my friends, they are always there for me.

"Thanks Cara, I could be better but I am just holding on and hoping for that better." I let her know.

She leans forward and pats my hand, "It will get better, no worries, like who would have thought Evan would have gotten married this soon? I am still shocked!" She admires her ring, which might I add the wedding band is nice but that engagement ring was like nothing I have ever seen before.

I was a bit suspicious about the ring because for some reason I swore I saw Shantel with a necklace with something similar but I could be wrong.

And Cara is happy, so no need to ruin her joy.

Furthermore, Shantel is gone, which I am really sad about but it is not my place to argue with Evan about it and I don't think Cara would appreciate that.

At first when I heard, I was tempted to go after Shantel but having no idea where she went and dealing with my own problems, it just didn't seem possible. It's a hard situation, Shantel has become like the little sister Rae and I never had, while Cara is our best friend and long time sister, we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This was the same reason we all warned Evan not to mess with Shantel.

"I really appreciate you being here for me Cara." I tell her.

"That's what friends are for. But I have to get going now, I promised my husband I would fetch him from the airport, I missed him dearly, those night without him in bed have bee-" she frowns "Quinn I'm so sorry for talking about this around you, I can't even imagine how you are feeling, forgive me?" She looks at me solemnly.

"it is totally ok, I don't expect you and Rae to stop living and talking about your lives because my life is crap right now." To say it wasn't bothering me would be a lie, but she doesn't need to know that, I am learning to deal with my problems myself and not burden everyone around me.

I fan her off. "Where is Evan by the way? Why didn't you take off with him, thought you two would still be in the honeymoon phase."

"You know Evan. He went to Miami for a couple days to rap up an account. I did want to go but he said he wouldn't have time to take me out and hang, so it would be pointless for me to go. But I must go now before lunch hour traffic starts, I will call you later." She says standing up and putting her purse over her shoulder.

"Ok Cara, I will talk to you later, thanks for stopping by." I got up and embraced her in a hug before she left out the door.

I really hope that is what Evan is in Florida doing.