Chapter 33 - Life is for the Living

_____________

Ethan's P.O.V.

______________

As I went up to the clouds, following Elora and Evania, I saw them giggling as they both went through a huge golden gate.

The gates of heaven.

I smile and was about to start flying again towards it but turn around instead when my grandmother called my name.

"Oh Nonna, I forgot you were behind me." Let's go. I chuckle, taking off again in that direction, but bump into something.

As far as I could see, there is nothing in front of me, but I can feel it. It is somewhat of an imaginary glass. I try to go up, down, left, right and still nothing. It is as if I was stuck in a box.

I turn to my grandmother. "What's happening. I thought you said God would never reject me? So why am I being stopped from entering his kingdom." I gradually get louder.

"Ethan, you are not too old for me to put you over my legs. Lower your voice mio nipote, before you get your nonna thrown out of heaven." She puts her hands on her hips, like she always did when we were younger and she meant business. Her giant white wings of beauty kept flapping up and down slowly and gracefully as she floated in front of me.

Even though I now had wings, it still amazes me.

"Sorry Nonna." I apologize feeling like a small boy again.

"Ok listen up and listen carefully. You are not being rejected. You're just not done living. Do you think you were just created for no reason? Every single person has a greater purpose." She explains.

"So if that's the case? What was the purpose of killing Evania, Elora and leaving Tomar motherless?" I ask her not believing.

She laughs.

"Sunny, you are so lost my boy. Evania fulfilled her purpose. When her tragedy happened, it was God pointing your parents life in a new direction. Now it was up to them to have faith to carry on and exceed in life. Your mother kept the faith but your father didn't. He spiraled down a path of destruction. See even though our stories are already written, there are different paths that leads to different endings. The loss of Elora was to strengthen you and your brother. Now the path you both chose after what happened, was totally up to you. You chose wisely but Evan is still lost, but there is still hope for him. Elora was never meant to stay, neither was Evania or Tatiyana. Tatiyana's purpose was to take care of Shantel and bring forth Tomar, all changes of events that made Bryce and Raelynn who they are today. Sometimes other people are used for the greater purpose of others." I see her wipe a tear from her eye.

"So nonna what's my purpose? It really didn't feel like I had one. Or did I just take the wrong paths, all I did was hurt the one I love with every cell in my body." I sigh.

She laughs. "Ethan your purpose is even greater than you realize. Let me show you." She waved her hand towards me and afterwards there were images on the screen in front me, I turned in a 360 degree and there were images on all sides of the imaginary glass box I am in. I stop at the one facing her but instead of looking at the image, I look at her.

"What's this?" I ask.

"See for yourself." She nods.

I look at the image and it begins playing.

I see my mother at our house in South Carolina throwing herself all over the floor while crying. I see my grandfather trying to console her but she won't allow him to touch her.

She looks up as if looking at me and screams. I can't hear the words but I can tell she just screamed the word "why!"

She then rocks back and forth and I can see that she is clutching something tightly to her chest. She removes it and look at it and I see that it is a picture of me.