Chapter 39 - Epilogue Pt. 4

Update 2 May 24, 2016 @ 11:42pm central.

Excuse my mistakes but wattpad keeps deleting the chapters and I have been reediting them all day.

Now I am falling asleep.
******

6 YEARS EARLIER CONT'D

*******************
After 4 days of endless different surgeries, not to mention a Spinal Osteomyelitis Surgery where my spine is now being held together by rods, I was basically a man made of metal who would have to live near a hospital for the rest of his life.

I spent 6 days in a coma as my body tried to recover.

The day I opened my eyes, Quinn called a priest and we got married.

"The rest of our lives start today Ethan. Please marry me?" She asked as she got down on one knee.

Seeing that I couldn't speak as the tubes were still in my throat. I squeezed her hands twice and that was it. She didn't want to wait for another day that wasn't promised and neither did I.

After 11 days later I was released; confined to a wheel chair and I moved us back to South Carolina to be closer to the family and away from the city and drama.

Bryce told me that he had taken care of Meghan, so I shouldn't worry about it and when the time is right, he would show me the truth and tell me all about it but for now, to concentrate on getting better and living my life with Quinn.

And that is exactly what I did.

The next 6 months were spent with my family, learning to walk all over again as I had plates and rods in my legs as well.

It was hard, very hard but Quinn was by my side every second of the way and never once complained.

I told everyone what happened when I died but left out a lot of details for Evan's sake.

Quinn is the only one who knows the entire story and we're fine with that.

I told her about the doctor my grandmother recommended but she blew it off, saying she wanted to invest all her time in me getting better for now and then we could go down that path.

I agreed with her. I could barely take care of myself of that point.

A walker and cane was my bestfriend with her shoulder and arms as support as well depending on the distance I had to walk.

Right now we are all at my mother's house as Bryce believes its time for me to see what happened.

We were all situated in one of the entertainment rooms. My mother sat next to Bryce and Rae, Evan and Cara Sat to my left and Quinn and I were seated somewhat in the middle.

The video comes to life and shows me in the office as I throw my phone across the room into the wall and sat down with my head in my hands.

The door then opens and Meghan's head pops in before I look in her direction.

Unfortunately the video had no sound, so we just watched the visual.

She then returns and hands me a glass of water and two pills, which I take.

As I am watching, I am briefly remember parts of the conversation where I kept asking if Quinn had called the office.

As the video continues, she walks out but then walks back in shortly before leaving again. I sat there listening to my voicemail after she left all the while, yawning. After a couple minutes, I see myself slowly slumping on the desk until I pass out; something I have no recollection about.