Chapter 29 - So Far Gone You little Lion Man

_______________________

ETHAN'S P.O.V.

_______________________

I stand here on my the balcony looking down at the cars passing by and the few people that stroll by hoping one could be Quinn.

It is not 9:55 pm and I am losing all hope that she is coming or even read my letter.

My phone has been going off constantly, but not once has Quinn called me, so everything else is irrelevant, well unless it is my alarm.

I had turned on the radio a couple minutes ago to take away the agony of waiting.

I stood there with a glass in one hand and use my finger to drum on the railing to the beat playing "all the other kids with pumped up kicks, you better run you better run" as I hum the song in my head.

As the song ends I didn't need to look at my watch to know that another 3 minutes had already went by and now as the other song started to play, I knew that it would most definitely be after 10 and if she isn't here at the end then, that should really be my sign that she's not coming.

I go back to humming the song playing but couldn't help but sing along to the words as the anger and sorrow poured through me.

I hear my phone alarming but ignore it and sing louder. I take a swig of my water and continued.

"But it was not your fault but mine

and it was your heart on the line,

I really fucked it up this time,

didn't I my dear? Didn't my dear?"

I belt the lyrics to little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons as my anger and hatred for myself and what I did to Quinn consumes me.

I walk over to the table seeing 10:05pm and I turn off my phone, laying back on the table along with my glass of water.

Going inside, I walk to the kitchen draw where I keep the notepads and pens and walk back outside. I flip it open, writing Quinn one last thing.

THE REASON IS YOU. Live, Love, laugh and be happy. I LOVE YOU FOREVER.

I felt I should just tell her one last thing before I go, I know if she never comes, mostly likely Bryce or Evan will be by after I'm gone, looking for me and will give it to her.

I just want her to know I really love her.

With a deep sigh I drop the pen and climb onto the railing that separates me from gravity.

I stumbled but was able to catch my footing and balance myself, somewhat gaining support from the wall beside me.

I look down and know no one would really see me as I had the lights off and it was night time.

So I would be able to leave in peace.

The song I had put on replay when I went to get the notepad started playing.

I took a deep breath looking up to the sky.

I am sure this will be misunderstood just like me, I know people will says I was a coward, but what coward jumps off a building? That's pretty brave if you ask me, I try to reason.

They will say 'oh i wanted him to be happy, but then turn around and ask why I did it.'

I shake my head to stop from worrying about the things I won't have to live to no longer care about.

Closing my eyes, I say a silent prayer.

"God please forgive me for what I am about to do,

but I am just simply an angel that's just tired and ready to come home."

I feel a tear run down my cheek but I don't open my eyes, instead I let go.

I let go of the pain.

I let go of the hurt.

I let go of my sadness and sorrow.

I let go of Quinn.

I let go of my family.

I let go of this world.

I feel myself falling and it feels great but soon I know there will be pain but I know it won't be for much longer.

Mentally I screamed as I feel my back smash into a hard object.

I hear glass shatter, a car alarm go off and cars braking and honking.

The pain I feel I know I will not live to tell anyone about, but it was comforting knowing that it hurts less than the pain I felt from losing Quinn.

~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~

Ethan did what?

What will happen?

What will Quinn do?

Elena?

Bryce?

Evan?

dont hate me lol