Chapter 26 - Love Lost

Love Lost (listen to the songs) ;)

~~~~Quote of the Chappie~~~
The reason we hold onto something

so tight, is because we fear something so

great won't happen twice.

-idk

It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

_____________

Ethan's P.O.V.

_____________

Just sitting there looking at her was tearing me up inside. The hurt and pain was beyond evident in her eyes, voice, stance and not to mention the way she keep hugging herself as if the world is out to get her and she has to protect herself.

That's normally my job. It still would be if I didn't mess up over and over again.

There is so much I have to explain to her but I know right now she is pretty guarded and knowing Quinn, she's very hard headed and closes up when she thinks no one is on her side. I have no idea why she does, only thing she told me was that she had a rough childhood.

I never questioned it much, seeing as though I've met her parents and they are the sweetest people ever. Quinn's dad was scary at first when he held me at gunpoint with his shotgun and threatened to lock me up for dating his daughter. But we got along great after that.

I know she has two brother's in the military I didn't meet until a couple of weeks ago when everything went to hell.

Maybe they were the problem, I thought when she told me it was because of her childhood. Just figured that when ever she is ready to tell me she would. That was years ago and she never brought it up again so I left it alone.

As i'm sitting here apologizing for the millionth time to her, I realize that she is listening but not really listening. Like she is hearing me but not trying to understand what I am saying. This is frustrating but I still have to try none the less, I need her in my life.

When she said she had two question for me, I knew that was it.

After answering her questions truthfully, I saw the tears pool around her eyes but she blinked them away. I was so confused when she said "THOT", like what is that, I almost asked if she meant potato tots.

Anyways, after answering her all I got was the door being opened for me to leave. I know I hurt her and she would probably never forgive me and that it's the end.

Who could blame her?

At this point, I couldn't hold onto her any longer. If I really love her the only thing I can do is set her free.

I kissed her one last time and gave her the envelope and left.

I walk to the elevator and hit the down arrow. It opens and I get in pushing the ground floor button. As the doors are closing I look straight ahead and whisper "goodbye my forever girl". With that the door closed and soon reopened and I got off heading to the exit. I turn right about to walk to clear my mind when I hear my name.

I see Bryce get out of the car and walk over to me.

He pulls me into a hug. I close my eyes tight hoping the tears would stop. He releases me.

"Went that bad huh?" he asks "did you explain everything to her?"

"She wouldn't let me!" I sigh.