Chapter 2 - Living by Chances

IM BACK!!!

Sorry I took so long. I had finals and then I have been busy with my family for the holidays.

How was your Christmas???

______________

Quinn's P.O.V.

_______________

"Hey girls!" I greet as I drop myself in the chair opposite Cara at the table.

"What's wrong with you?" Rae asks with a raised eyebrow.

I shrug and raise my hand getting the waitress attention.

I sit with my eyes focused on her as she notices me and walks over.

"Hi!" She beams. "Are you ladies ready for me to take your order?"

"I just need a drink. I haven't looked at the menu, so maybe give me a minute." I respond.

"Ok. That's fine. Take all the time you need. I will get your drink order and then give you all a few minute and take your entree orders. What would you like to drink?"

"I'll have a coke and vodka, no ice please." I look at her, she's writing it down.

"Would anyone like an appetizer while you wait or refills?"

"No thank you." Meghan replies.

Wow. I didn't even realize she's sitting right there. She has become apart of our girls Saturday lunch date since a little after Rae's wedding and Bryce offered Dylan a job at his main office here as a project manager since he was laid off from his job back home in South Carolina.

"Another water and lemon please, extra ice!" Rae requests raising her empty glass. She's normally the one having mojitos.

"No, I'm fine." Cara responds.

"No that will be it for now." I tell her after looking at the first page at the appetizers.

I'm really not hungry.

"Ok great! One vodka and coke and a water with lemon and extra ice coming right up!" She smiles and walk away.

I wish I could be as happy about my life as she is about her job.

"So you've been very quiet all week, you didn't come and baby sit with Ethan this Thursday and now you're here in sweats ordering Vodka and coke in the afternoon. What's going on?" Rae asks.

I love Cara, but no one knows me as well as Rae. She can always tell what's going on with me.

I shrug not really wanting to say anything. I have been wanting to tell Rae about my problems but it sort of feels like I'm betraying our relationship by telling others our personal problems. I feel like those are issues between Ethan and I and I shouldn't have to drag other people into my problems.

But keeping to myself for as long as I have at this point hasn't done me any good.

I sigh.

"Seriously Quinn what's wrong, you look like you haven't slept. There are bags under your eyes. If it's work that is stressing you, you can tell me." Rae encourages me to speak. While Cara and Meghan sip their drinks with their eyes focusing on me.

"Here you go." I look to see the waitress placing the drinks infront of us before she disappears again.

I take a sip.

Should I tell them? I ponder.

Oh what the hell, it's just the girls.

"It's not work, Ethan and I are having problems." I hang my head feeling like a failure at my relationship now that I have admitted it out loud.