Dino

Imagine for @SparklingBubbleTea

{This imagine was also inspired by the book Eleanor & Park. You guys should read it if you like Korean guys}

~ Ffion
_________________________________

It was your first day at your new school. You had moved house because your parents had been looking for a bigger place. They'd finally found one, but you had to move away from your hometown. It was sad to leave your friends, however you think this will be good for you. I new start.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, that was in your new room. You were a tiny bit insecure of how you look. You didn't like being the centre of attention and you found it hard to make friends. You looked yourself up and down one more time before you felt confident enough to go to school.

You ran down the stairs and shouted to your parents, "bye! I'm going to take the bus to school."

You walked to the bus stop and waited. It was cold and you put your hands in your oversized sweatshirt. You could see your breath in the air. You heard the bus before you saw it. It roared down the road and stopped in front of you with a big squeak. You could here the kids talking loudly inside. Here goes nothing, you thought to yourself as you walked on to the bus.

You looked around the almost full bus. At the back you immediately noticed the popular kids. Every school had them. You searched the bus and saw that everyone sat in groups. The Populars, The Jocks, The Emos and The Nerds. It looked like it was going to be a lot harder to fit in than you thought.

You walked down the aisle, trying to find a seat. You stopped when you saw an empty seat next to a boy. You paused to look at him. He had a kind of relaxed look to him. He wore skinny jeans and a baggy jumper, a lot like your own. He had headphones around his neck and a comic book in his hand. Your eyes wandered to his face. You were a shocked when you found him looking at you. You felt your cheeks burn red.

You wandered down the aisle trying to find another seat, feeling as if it would be a bit awkward if you sat by him. You jumped when you felt a hand wrap around your wrist. The boy pulled you down into the seat next to him.

"God, won't you just sit? The bus won't move if you haven't sat down." His face was slightly annoyed. Sure enough you felt the bus jolt beneath you.

You didn't say anything back to the boy. You just sat there looking at the seat in front. The boy carried on flicking the pages in his comic book. You saw that he was reading Marvel. You sneaked a look at the pages. After a couple of minutes you were really into the story. The boy realised you were reading and started to turn the pages at your readings speed. He'd always smiled to himself. He seemed to have calmed down.

This happened for a couple of weeks. You'd go on the bus and sit in your usual seat next to him. But you'd never talk. You don't know why, you just don't. That was until one day.

"You can keep these, if you'd like?" Your head snapped up to his. You'd hadn't heard him speak, except for the first time you saw him. You looked at his hands. They were holding out a pile of comic books.

"I thought maybe you'd like some since your always reading mine." He smiles and puts them in your hands.

"Uh, sorry?" You looked at him. It was weird, you'd completely ignored each other for weeks and now he's talking to you like nothing happened.

"Oh, no. Don't take it the wrong way! I like that you like my books. It's kind of cute how you read over my shoulder." The boy smirked.

"Um, can I ask why your talking to me? Not in a rude way or anything. It's just we haven't really talked before." You asked confused.

"Well, I wanted to start fresh. I realised I was quite rude to you. I wasn't having the best of days." He looks down at his lap. He then turns to you, "so here goes nothing. I'm Lee Chan, it's nice to meet you. And by the way I think your incredibly beautiful." He smiled and held out his hand.

You reached and placed you hand in his. "I'm Y/N and it's nice to me you too. And Lee Chan are you possibly flirting with me?" You laughed.

"What? Me? No way." He brushed off your comment. "However, I would like your number. You know, so that I can ask you how you liked the comics...?" He laughed uncertainly.

"Yeah, of course that's the reason." You gave him your number.

"I also might ask to meet up with you? You know, to talk about the comic...?" He laughed, and you nod your head giving him a confidence boost.

He takes your hand and plays with your fingers. This was the weirdest bus journey ever. Once you got to school, he stayed by your side all day. He even carried you books for you.

With him by your side, you knew you'd fit in just fine.