The8

Imagine for __tropicaaal

"In third place... Seventeen!" You hear the host say and your heart drops. You were so certain they were going to win. They deserve it so much. You know third place is good, but getting first would have been amazing.

You were currently at The Show and Seventeen had just finished their last Mansae promotion. They are kind of sad, you could tell from their faces. You were there supporting them because your boyfriend, Minghao was there. He was standing next to Jun. Everyone has a stable smile on their faces but you could see they're disappointed. The fans had made them believe that they were going to win.

They were making their way off the stage, Minghao standing at the back alone. You're about to walk over to him when Seungcheol claps and turns to everybody. He always has a smile on his face even when the atmosphere was sour.

"Well done guys! We did good, don't you think?" He slings an arm over Jeonghan's shoulders and Jeonghan smiles, his dimples appearing.

Everyone murmurs a 'yeah' and Seungcheol roles his eyes. "Don't be like that! We can't mope around, we have to prepare for our next comeback. Don't we, Jihoon?" He pats his back and he reluctantly smiles. When Jihoon smiles everyone seems to catch it.

"You're right we can't be held back by this!" Shouts Chan and everyone shouts 'yeah!' More enthusiastically.

"Now let's go back to the dorm and have a celebratory meal!" Hoshi yells and everyone starts to get rowdy and jumping up and down. Everyone bar Minghao. You glance at him but he avoids your gaze. This is really odd behaviour, he's normally the bubbly one.

The boys all start to move to where their minibus's were held. You wait until you're standing next to Minghao. You nudge him in the side thinking he would smile but you were wrong. He didn't even look at you. You reach out and grab his lifeless hand.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You ask and you seem to break his trance. He reached his hands to his face and rubs his eyes.

"Oh, nothing. Just a little tired that's all." He smiles at you and you mess up his hair.

"Well, you'll be having food in a minute so brighten up." You reattach your hand with his, rubbing your thumbs across the back of his hand.

"Yeah... I don't know if I want to go." He mumbles. You snap your head up to his.

"Why not? You deserve it!"

"Do I really?" He says so quietly that you don't know if you imagined it or not.

"Did you say something?" You wonder and he shakes his head.

"No, nothing. I just feel tired and I want to cuddle with you." He wraps his arm around your shoulders, pulling you in close so that your body is attached to his.

"I do like cuddling." You grin. "But you're telling the boys." You say more seriously, you don't want to tell them that they're going to be missing someone.

"It's fine they'll understand." Minghao starts walking faster to catch up with the boys. He walks up to Seungcheol, tapping him on the shoulder. "Hey, do you think I can give the meal a miss? I want to spend time with Y/N."

"Spend time, is it? I see." Seungcheol implies and Seungkwan hits him on the chest. "But sure, just remember we have practise tomorrow."

"Alright and that's not what we're doing by the way." Minghao adds as the other boy kept eyeing both of you up. "C'mon Y/N.

You flag a taxi down and hop into it. You tell the driver the address of your apartment. The driver recognises Minghao, which for some reason you can't get used too. You'd been going out with Minghao for over a year now and no one used to notice him, but now it's totally different.