The8 and Hansol

Imagine for 1-800-fandoms

"Honey, are we still going out tonight?" You hear your boyfriend Minghao call out to you from the bedroom you both shared.

"Sure, let me just finish up." You call back.

You push your hair back from your face and sigh, staring blankly at the computer screen in front of you. You were finishing up a long and boring article for the newspaper company you worked at. You and Minghao both worked but we never could quite bring enough money home to live as comfortably as you liked. You had been working all week on the article, trying to get the promotion you need and Minghao wanted to take you out to cheer you up.

But you couldn't get too excited.

You looked down at your wrist, where the numbers that had been on your wrist since birth were slowly counted down.

Apparently, tonight was the night.

Everyone had the numbers. Everyone had the clock on their wrist that slowly counted down to the day you met the person you would he spending the rest of your life with. Supposedly, it was love at first sight. You'd heard stories of people divorcing their partners, breaking up with their girlfriends and boyfriends because of it. That the love for them was too real.

People liked to call them soulmates, however you called them complications. You and Minghao loved each other but you weren't supposed soulmates.

You sigh again and pull down your sleeve to hide the numbers. You didn't want Minghao to see them, he didn't have to know that tonight was your 'special night' as people called it. You lie your head down the desk and sigh.

Just then, Minghao walks into the room. You hear him approach you from behind as lays his hands on your shoulders.

"You feeling tense? I could rub your shoulders if you wanted." He says lovingly.

"That would be pretty great." You mumble.

He laughs lightly and starts to run your shoulders, as promised. Your muscles start to relax and you let out a sigh of relief. He stops and wraps his arms around your shoulders and presses his face his against the back of your neck.

"I'm really excited about tonight." He whispers. You feel his lips moving against your neck and you shiver from the tingles going down your spine.

"Me too." You manage to get out, ignoring the dread building up in your chest.

"Let's get ready then. I already have tonight planned out, you're gonna have the best surprise, trust me."

Minghao gives you a gentle kiss on your cheek and you can feel him smiling against your skin. You took this opportunity to sneak a peek at his wrist. The numbers were slowly counting down, but according to them he had another 6 months before he met the one for him.

"Sounds amazing." You reply to him and you feel him grin.

He stands up straight and beckons you over to follow him.

"What is it?" You ask, cocking your head to the side in curiosity.

"I got something for you. It's in the wardrobe." He gives you a quick, sky grin and heads inside the bedroom.

You hesitate a little before standing up from your desk and making your way over. You walking into the bedroom to see Minghao holding the wardrobe door open, revealing a beautiful black dress hanging from the inside of it.

You stand there, mouth gaping open, drinking it in. Minghao shuffles a little, nervous by your reaction.

"Do you like it? I thought it would be really great for tonight, assuming that it fits."