Mingyu and Joshua

Imagine for hawtmingyu

Derpy seventeen is the best seventeen^
_____________________________________

You're sitting on your bed, smiling at your laptop as you see his next message pop up on the screen. You read it and quickly type a reply. You had just pressed the send button when your hear a knock at your bedroom door.

"Come in!" You call out, not taking your eyes off the screen.

The door opens and out of the corner of your eye, you see Joshua, your best friend, walk in.

"Hey, I'm bored." He says.

"What are you doing in my house?" You ask, looking up briefly before looking back at the screen.

"Your dad let me in. I'm bored." He repeats. He does a small run up and jumps on the bed. He settles himself next to you, peering at your laptop screen. "Whatcha' doin'?"

"Nothing." You say, even though he can clearly see exactly what you're doing.

"It's that guy again, huh?"

"Yes. And that guys name is Mingyu." You say, smiling again.

You had been talking online with this guy, Mingyu, for a while now. At first you were wary of him, of course, but after he Skyped you for the first time, you knew he was real. You've been talking for months and you definitely liked the guy. He was funny, kind and probably the hottest guy you'd ever laid eyes on. Not that looks mattered that much, of course.

"I don't get how you can like a guy you've never even met." Joshua mutters, as he starts to play with the strands of your hair.

"You'll understand when you're older." You say as your turn your head to look at him. He gives you his completely-done-with-you-right-now look and you ruffle his hair fondly.

"I'm older than you, stupid."

"Ah but, I'm more mature."

"Tell that to the gif of a cat falling off a chair you just sent to Mingyu." He says, pointing at it.

"It's funny! And he likes the gifs I send him."

"I'm sure he likes you purely for your personality as well." Joshua mumbles, the sarcasm clear in his voice.

You roll your eyes but don't say anything back. A few weeks ago, you and him had a huge fight over the Mingyu thing, with you defending Mingyu as Joshua tries to argue his point that he only liked you for your looks. You made up eventually but Joshua still believes it's true.

"He's not a bad guy Josh." You say.

"I know, it's just... I don't want you to get hurt." He looks at you with wide eyes and you smile at him.

"I won't, don't worry." You reply and he grins in relief. You both suddenly jump at the sound of the laptop's message indicator. You both read Mingyu's message and the same time.

I want to meet you, Y/N. How about I get a train and visit you for the weekend?

You squeal in delight and hug Joshua in triumph. He tries to squirm out of your grasp but you hold on, squeezing him tightly.

"Can't. Breathe."

"He wants to meet me! Josh, I'm finally going to see Mingyu!" You half shout.

"Slowly. Dying. And. Deaf."

"Oh, sorry."

You let him go and he takes a deep breath. You type a reply to Mingyu, barely managing to get the words right as your hands shake with excitement.