Meanie

Imagine for SakuraSprinkles

Inspired by The Lover. Please watch it. Please.
~Lucy
_________________________________

"Wonwoo! I'm home!" Mingyu calls out as he entered the apartment he shared with his best friend. He was ridulously happy when Wonwoo had suggested they live together. They got on really well and Mingyu loved his company, even sometimes being irritated when Wonwoo wanted to hang out with other friends.

He dragged in the shopping bags he brought with him and looked around for Wonwoo. When he didn't spot him, Mingyu sighed and made his way to the kitchen.

"Must be still asleep." Mingyu mutters to himself. "He's always asleep." He adds, fondly.

He places the bags on the kitchen table and heads to Wonwoo's room. He knocks loudly on Wonwoo's bedroom door.

"Hey Wonwoo, are you in there?" Mingyu calls out.

When he hears nothing, he opens up the door a little and peeks inside. He sees the sleeping figure of Wonwoo under the covers and he sighs.

"Wonwoo! Get up! I need your help out here." Mingyu calls to him.

"Ugh, five more minutes." Wonwoo grumbles, turning over.

Mingyu rolls his eyes and picks up a T-shirt off the ground. He struches it up and hurls it at Wonwoo. The T-shirt hits him and he cried out.

"Alright, alright, I'm up." Wonwoo says.

He sits up and stretches, revealing his bare chest. Mingyu quickly looks away and walks out of the room.

"Help me put away the food I so generously bought for you." Mingyu says, laughing.

Mingyu walks to the kitchen table and starts taking things out of the bags. Wonwoo walks out of his room, yawning and stratching the back of his head.

"Okay, I can do that. But you're cooking." Wonwoo says, playfully punching his friend on the shoulder.

He comes up behind Mingyu and places his hand on his shoulder, looking over at the food. Mingyu's gaze wanders to where Wonwoo's hand is and gulps.

"I need to teach you how to cook." Mingyu says.

"You can try." Wonwoo laughs. He starts helping Mingyu out but Mingyu finds it hard to concentrate on what he's doing. He looks up at Wonwoo who is still shirtless.

"Dude, put a shirt on." Mingyu mutters.

He couldn't figure out why it bothered him so much, probably because he couldn't seem to stop looking. Who walks around a house shirtless? he thinks to himself. It's weird.

Wonwoo looks at him weirdly and Mingyu tried to keep the blush off his face.

"It's cold in here." Mingyu says. Wonwoo laughs and throws an arm around Mingyu's shoulders.

"Awh, Mingyu, you care about your friend. How sweet." Wonwoo says, teasing him. Mingyu reluctantly shrugs his arm off.

"Shut up. Now help me." Mingyu says.

"Will do. Oh, did I tell you?" Wonwoo says suddenly.

"Tell me what?" Mingyu says, looking up at Wonwoo's grinning face.

"Remember how I was out last night?" Wonwoo says, looking smug.

"How could I forget?" Mingyu replies and Wonwoo rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, I met a girl. She's awesome and really hot. I got her number and we're meeting up tonight." Wonwoo says.

Mingyu stares at his friends happy face, suddenly feeling irritated. There was an ache in his chest, he didn't like the feeling, it was like someone had punched him in the chest. He tried to hide his sudden change of mood, so he nodded.

"Cool. Good for you." He tried to sound friendly but it ended up sounding resentful. He turns away from Wonwoo and puts a cereal box in a high cupboard.

"Hey, what's up with you? Thought you'd be happy to have the place to yourself for the night." Wonwoo says, coming over and standing next to his friend.

Mingyu drops the box he was holding and stares at his best friend. He doesn't even look at the box as he gapes at him.

"The whole night?" Mingyu asks, barely audible.

"Yeah, if I'm lucky. What's wrong with you?" Wonwoo asks again, looking confused.

He bends down to pick up the box and when he straightens up, his face was inches away from Mingyu's. Mingyu's eyes look down at Wonwoo's lips and he feels his nerves stand on end at the closeness. Wonwoo? Going out with a girl?

"Mingyu? You don't look good." Wonwoo says. Mingyu's eyes flicker back up to his face.

"I-I'm fine. Are you really going out tonight? With a girl?" The words were out before Mingyu could stop them and Wonwoo gives him another weird look.

"Yeah... Is there a reason why I shouldn't?" Wonwoo asks him.

"It's just... Never mind. I need the bathroom." Mingyu rushes off before Wonwoo could ask him more.

Mingyu runs into the bathroom and he stands at the sink. He looks at his face in the mirror and rubs his eyes. He runs his fingers through his hair and takes deep breaths. He was still breathless from earlier. What's going on? Why am I feeling like this? I should he happy for him right?... Why do I care?

"I don't care. Why should I care? It's not like I... Do I?" Mingyu says. He looks at himself in the mirror and suddenly feels extremely annoyed at himself, for letting himself get affected like his. He groans in frustration and swipes away all the stuff that was on the sink. It all clatters loudly to the ground and Mingyu buries his face in his hands.

"Agh!" He shouts, his breathing heavy. He looks up slowly, looking at his reflection and finally he admits it to himself.

"I-I like him. I have a crush on my best friend." He whispers to nothing in particular

"Whoa, what happened in here?"

Wonwoo was suddenly behind him and Mingyu turned around quickly. His heart started thumping wildly at the sight of Wonwoo, now with a T-shirt on, seeing him like this.

"I-I can explain." Mingyu stutters.

"I heard what you said." Wonwoo says quietly and Mingyu stares at him, barely breathing.

"Wonwoo I... I don't know what to say, I mean, I don't even know if I meant that-"

Wonwoo steps forward so his face is less than an inch away from Mingyu's. Wonwoo cuts off his speech, threading his fingers through Mingyu's hair and leaning in. Wonwoo presses his lips to Mingyu's and starts kissing him softly. At first Mingyu doesn't react, too surprised to do anything. After a second he kisses Wonwoo back, smiling as he did so.

After a while Wonwoo pulls back, but keeps their faces close. He grins at Mingyu, obviously pleased with himself.

"You idiot." Wonwoo whispers softly. "You honestly thought I would choose some girl over you?"

"Wonwoo... I don't... Since when-"

"There never was a girl, Mingyu. Let's just say... I wanted to make sure of your feelings before I tried a stunt like this." Wonwoo kisses Mingyu again, lightly. "I wanted to see your reaction. It was quite interesting."

Wonwoo looks at the bathroom floor, which was littered with various bathroom items.

"How long?" Mingyu whispers.

"A while. Why do you think I suggested we live together?" Wonwoo smiles smugly and Mingyu grins.

"Best decision I ever made." Mingyu says.

"You got that right." Wonwoo says softly and he leans in for another kiss.

It was a start of something new for the both of them, and something they would never regret.
_________________________________________

If you told me a year ago that I would be writing gay fanfiction for Korean guys

I'd probably be like

......yeah, that sounds like me
~Lucy