Ch. 30 : The memories in the pictures

Sorry for not updating for quiet some time .-. I was busy like work and hmwk ....sorry..... Well here it is Chapter 30 : The memories in the pictures.

Enjoy. X.______________________________________________

"Where are we going?", Julisa asked as we claimed our luggage and headed for the exit.

"I told you! We're going to go eat.", I replied cheerfully as I stopped an empty cab.

"But you said we were going to get on a bus. Why a cab?", Jenny questioned as the cab driver took our luggage and placed it in the trunk.

"We'll take the cab to go to a hotel and then the bus to the restaurant.", I answered Jenny as I stepped into the cab.

"Where to?", the cab driver asked as soon as the girls settled in.

"Take us to the Hilton's Americas hotel. I hear its quite beautiful.", I responded happily as Rock me by One Direction started playing on the radio.

I started humming along as I started checking my notifications on my phone. I had few missed calls and texts. Most of them were from Sergio and my family.

I had a voice mail from him. I listened to it and laughed when I realized he sounded mad because I wasn't answering his calls. He said that since I was in the big apple, I thought that I was all that and that I didn't have time for my old friends anymore.

I laughed and shook my head. God. I missed him. Sergio is an amazing guy and one of my closest friend.

He's one of the only people who truly understands me and is someone I can always count on... Charlie was also.... but it doesn't matter now.

Charlie is in the past and I have to forget him, even if it kills me.

"Here we are.",the cab driver said as I came out of my head and realized we were already at the hotel.

I looked at him and handed him my debit card. He gave it back right after he scanned it. We stepped out of the cab as the cab driver handed our luggage to the bag boys, who were waiting on us to check in.

After we checked in, we went up to our suite. We found the luxury of the suite to be depressing because it reminded us about New York.

We got changed fast out of our clothes and into different styled pairs of ripped jeans. I had on faded light blue skinny jeans with a white v neck plus my black leather jacket over it.

Julisa had on white skinny jeans with a I love Sleeping with Sirens top. Sandra wore black skinny jeans with a red top that said Your pain is my gain. While Jenny wore grey skinny jeans and a white ruffled blouse.

We grabbed our purses and headed out the hotel. We walked outside and down the road. We walked all the way to the nearest bus stop and waited on the bench.

"Where are we going to eat anyways?", Jenny huffed after repeatedly checking her phone for the time.

"Relax. It's a place with great food.", I replied as I checked my facebook and Twitter.

"It better be.", she murmured as she turned back to her iPhone 5.

The bus came after fifteen minutes of waiting on the bench. We got on and looked out the window. We were left in our thoughts. Trapped in our minds. We couldn't stop thinking about the things we wished we could forget.

We thought about them. We thought about how we felt about leaving. We thought about the ifs and the buts. How we could done more. Something different.

The bus doors opened and we were suddenly free of our tormented minds.

We walked into El Sol. It was a small restaurant that was crammed in to a corner of a grocery store. In this restaurant I had memories when I was child. My parents used to bring here when we lived in Houston. I loved it because it gave me the best childhood I could of asked for.

"I know it doesn't look like much but trust me the food here is good.", I told them as we sat down on the stools that were next to the front counter.

The girls looked at each other and sighed defeated. We ordered gorditas filled with only cheese and fajita. We also got a large glass of horchata each.

While we waited we started talking about the pictures we took in New York when no one was looking or around. Pictures like of buildings and the sky...also of the guys. I had a picture of them all together at the dinner Charlie didn't wanted to take me to. I got it from Nico by a lot of begging and insisting. When he gave in, he went to find the reporter that took it and 'persuaded' him to hand it over.

I wasn't happy that he did that but I knew it was the only why I could get a picture of Charlie and the guys. I also took one of Nico on my phone without him noticing. I hid it behind a picture frame of Charlie and me. Nico was in the parlor and I had my phone on timer and BAM, I had it. Of course, I left that frame there. I couldn't take it because I felt I had no right to do so.

Our food came and we stopped talking about the pictures and started enjoying the food. But... we couldn't stop thinking about the memories in the pictures.

______________________________________________

Note:

El Sol is an actual restaurant that I love it is located in the center of Houston on the west side. Also Gorditas are like a tortilla filled with different type of ingredients. Search it up on Google they are delicious!!!! ^.^

Horchata is water mixed with rice and cinnamon plus other ingredients I love it. ;)

Gorditas + horchata = heaven ^.^