Ch. 18: Check

I was thinking how long did these lovers known each other? <3 Esme+Charlie <3 I went through the chapters and noticed it was only eight days!! Wow so much drama in a week! Enjoy! X

______________________________________________

Luciano's P.O.V.

I walked out of the restroom and back to where I left Joe eating.

I walked in and saw him on the ground next to a flipped table. I smiled.

Sweet sweet revenge.

It was short lived as I heard someone sob.

I snapped my head up and saw that it was Esme in front of the restaurant door. She had tears running down her cheek.

Shit.

I called for the men to come and help Joe. I instructed them to call for a doctor and to help him. Even though I knew it was too late.

I ran after Esme. What did she see? How much did she see? Shit.

I found her almost to her apartment. I grabbed her wrist and spinned her around to face me.

She slapped me across me face.

I was shocked at first, but soon recovered. She knew it was my fault. But how? Was it my smirk?

"Esme.",I said her name as she looked at me like the other people do. The ones that are disgusted and fearful of me.

The pain from the slap she gave me was nothing compared to the pain in knowing she is disgusted by me and fearful of me.

"Let me explain.", I said huskily. She has to let me explain that I care about her and that I don't like it when people hurt the people I care for.

She leaned in and was going to caress my cheek. I leaned in as well but instead of her caressing it, she slapped me. I was shocked to feel another pang of pain across my face.

"No."

My heart cracked. How did it get to the point were I actually cared for her? Feel her pain? And jelousy? Why do I care for her this much? All I really know is that I can't lose her.

"Esme."

She slammed the door in my face. She quickly locked it. I tried turning it as my lungs filled with desperation. But when I couldn't open it I started frantically banging on the door.

"Esmeralda! We need to talk! Open the door!",I yelled with desperation.

I heard someone on the other side talking. Then Elisabetha, Julisa and Sandriella opened the door. I thanked them and ran to Esme's bed.

I knew she locked it, so I started banging on it and calling her.

"Esmeralda! Open the door!"

After a couple of minutes, I grew tired and unable to continue to bang on the door. All feeling in my hands died, but I didn't care. I wish I could explain to her what happened.

"Esme. Please.",I whispered.

I heard light snoring and knew Esme was deep in sleep.

I looked behind me and the dames were staring at me.

I looked back at the Esme's bedroom. I sighed and looked away.

"See you later girls.",I mumbled as I went out the door.

I went back to the restaurant. To make sure everything was done as instructed.

I sighed as I picked up a heart shape necklace. It was a gold necklace I bought yesterday. For Esmeralda. I sighed. It was to celebrate the day she came into my life.

"So Charlie have you seen those beautiful dames near the stairs.", Benny casually said. I look at Benny and started processing what he was bladering about. Benny had broad shoulders, tall and had black hair. He was the best looking Jew I ever met. No wonder he was such cocky man.

I did notice four beautiful girls with the same style dress, but different color. Their dresses hugged their body and would make any man's head turn.

"Benny, do you think any man in his right mind not notice them." Benny was always surrounded by the most gorgeous dames. Of course none of them could refuse him. He would take them all and not even leave one to us.

"They're looking this way.", Meyers said. I looked at him, for a Jew he was a really good friend and built.

I sighed that was the first moment I saw her.

While eating my dinner, I couldn't take my eyes off the dames in the corner. There was one in particular that caught my eye. She was tall, slender, had a red dress that hugged her body and made me want to rip it off of her. She had big brown eyes, her hair was straight and black.

"Their the most gorgeous girls in the room, huh.", Meyers said taking a sip of champagne,"I personally think its the one in torquoise."

"The one in the emarald dress is the sexiest.", Benny said. Obviously already thinking of having sex with her.

"Your both wrong the one in the purple is.", Frankie put in.

They were arguing back and further until the show started. The girls were dancing in translucent dresses, leaving, no room for imagination. Sure these were good looking as well, but wasn't as attractive as the girls sitting down. After they were done, I waved a waiter over and told him to send four champagne glasses to the girls in the corner and that I'll take care of their check. He served them, and a look of confusion crossed their faces. The dame in the red seemed to be the leader, she asked him something, and then smiled.

"Mr. Luciano, She said thank-you, it wasn't really necessary.", He whispered in my ear. I looked to her and I raised my glass. She did the same and dazzled me with her smile.

Esmeralda. I sighed. I have to get her to listen to me. Even though she's so stubborn.

"Ladies, Isn't it a little earlier to leave.", I asked stopping them from leaving.

"I mean the night still young.", I continued.

They turned around and looked at each other. I noticed that girl in the red stepped closer and was flanked on the left by the girl in torquoise. On her right was the emarald and the purple.

"That may be, Mr. Luciano. But we rather spend it in our room.", she said with a hand on her hip. She had a soft velvety voice, but it didn't waver as she looked at us. She was a cocky one.

"The thing is", I closed the space between us and whispered in her ear,"You know my name, but I don't know yours." She smelled sweet, and it made me want to lean in. She whispered back,"And you'll never know." She smirked and walked back to her friends.

"When will we see you beautiful dames again.", I asked while they walked into the elevator. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Who knows."

"Night beautifuls." We stood there watching them.

I chuckled as I remembered that night.

Esmeralda your so beautiful and pure. Why do I hurt you without meaning to? Why can't we be together with this pain?

Esmeralda. Why can't I get you out my head?

----------------------------------------

"Charlie!"

I looked up at Meyers, who was staring at me from across the table as if waiting for an answer.

"Hmm. What was that?", I replied obviously not paying attention.

"Charlie. I said Frankie took care of Carlo.", Meyers Lansky replied.

"Good.",I replied.

Carlo was one of the guys that sent me to Long Island. Where I almost died.

"Now that Joe Maranzano is gone. We can now plan Masseria's.",Frankie replied.

"Tomorrow, he's planning on making me his right hand and unity us as a family.",I smirked.

--------(end of Luciano's P.O.V.)----------