Ch. 14: The plan

So sorry I was trying to write it as fast as possible. It's the holidays which means a lot more work for me.

Note: It's still Luciano's point of view. Enjoy X.

______________________________________________

After Benny agreed, we went are separate ways. Meyers had to go see Elisabetha. Frankie had to talk to Julissabeth. Benny was going to spend the day with Sandriella. While I go dine with Maranzano to start gain his trust back.

"Hey, you.",said a soft velvety voice that is forever engraved in my memory while placing soft hands over my eyes.

"Esme.",I chuckled as I pulled her hands of and kissed them. I spinned her around and tilted her giving her a deep sweet kiss.

I grinned when she pushed away and kissed me on the cheek.

"What are you doing here?",I asked her as I sat down on the couch looking up at her.

"The girls went out. So I thought we could have fun.",she told me as she sat on my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck. At first I was ready to say of course, because all I thought was her rosy scent. Then I started remembering I had to dine with Maranzano.

"I. I actually can't.",I said gently.

"Please, Charlie?",she said pouting.

"I'm sorry, Esme. I can't. I have to get dressed for dinner.",I told her as I started getting up.

"Then can I join you?",she asked following me to the bedroom.

"No.",I told her sharply. Just imagining her in that dinner. No. She'll be in harms way.

"Why?",she asked as I went into the bathroom and shutting the door.

"It's too dangerous for you.",I responded as soon as I was done.

I put on my pants and then my shirt. Esme came over put my tie on me.

"How long are you going to be gone?",she asked as she finished.

"I don't know. I'm probably be coming back really late. Don't wait up.",I told her and kissed her on the forehead.

--------------------------------------

I was talking to Benny outside, after he killed Joey. He knew what to do.

I walked in Maranzano's office, followed by two of his men.

"Charlie. Charlie. Charlie. What ever am I to do with you? Sit.",Maranzano told me as he was eating a medium rare steak.

"Hello, Joe.",I greeted him as I sat down.

He peered up at me as he cut and chewed.

"That's a nasty cut you got there. Now help me clear something up. What were you doing in Long Island?",he asked with disgust.

I looked up at him in the eyes.

"I was trying to protect our turf. For you."

He got up and threw everything on his desk on the ground with one sweep of his arms.

"Do you take me for a fool?",he sneered in my face.

"Of course not. Joe. You have to believe me. After all I'm your right hand man."

He walked around the desk and bent to my ear.

"If you ever cross me again. I'll kill you. Slowly, painfully. You will feel every single thing.",he whispered with a cold threat.

"Now come on. Let's celebrate. My Rigth hand man is alive.",he announced.

We were walking out the building. Joe's arm swung over my shoulder. When the sound of bullets rang. Some of Joe's men fell. I pushed Joe to the ground, covering him with my body.

After the bullets died down, I got up and so did Joe. Only four of his men died and that was including his right hand man before my alliance.

"I told you, Charlie. No one can kill me. Thanks for back there.",he said exhausted.

"No problem, Joe.",I said as we got in the car and drove to the restaurant.

We were eating and laughing the whole time. He dropped me off at my apartment.

I smiled. I got his trust back by saving his life. I chuckled as I opened the door. That fool. He's going to pay for killing my friend. His nephew. Johnny.

--------(end of Luciano's P.O.V.)-------