Ch.12: He's awake

Authors note: I'll update now only on Sundays, and Fridays.

______________________________________________

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I stopped sobbing, but I didn't look up. I was afraid to get my hopes up.

"Esme.",whispered a familiar deep voice that had an italian accent.

I looked up and noticed it was Charlie. He was awake, but very pale. Charlie was finally awake. A big grin spread across my face. Charlie was alive and awake. I started placing soft gentle kisses on his hand.

"Hey, I think my hand has had enough. But my mouth hasn't.", he chuckled while removing it out of my grasp and patting the left side of the bed for me to join him.

I giggled at his behavior and then stopped. The stitches in his face reminded me of what happened as he made room for me. The unshed tears spilled over. He wrapped his muscular bare arms around me as I sat down.

"What's wrong, babe?",he murmured in my ear as he rubbed my back.

I sniffled to stop myself from crying and looked up at him. He wiped away the remaining tears with his fingertips.

"I don't want to see you like that ever again. I could of lost you there!",I said pouting close to the brick of crying again. I would give anything just so that I'll never see him like that again.

He hugged me tightly trying to comfort me.

"Sh. Its going to be alright. I'm going to be alright.",he murmured while he held me to my bare chest. As he was holding me, I noticed he had bruises on his ribs and had that white sheet thing wrapped around his rib cage.

I pulled away and looked at him closer. He had multiple bruises on his chest, cheek plus cuts and scrapes. I pursed my lips to a tight line. He looked really in bad condition.

"Your sweating and really pale. I'm going to the get the doctor. He needs to check you throughly to make sure your alright. Plus everyone is going to want to see you.",I leaned in and kissed him gingerly on my lips, so that I wouldn't cause him pain.

I skipped to the door. He chuckled at my action. I rolled my eyes and I turned around. I notice that Charlie was slowly closing his eyes. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at his head.

"No sleeping or closing your eyes.",I said as I shut the door behind me.

------------------------------------------

After I told everyone that Charlie was awake. They literally tripped over each other to go to his room. At the end only the doctor and the guys went in. The girls and me decided on having tea time in the parlor. Which was dull, filled with colors like brown and darker brown with white. It definitely need a women's touch.

"How is he?", Jenny asked serving herself a cup of tea. The girls didn't see him, but only heard what the doctor said about his condition when he was unconscious.

"He looks pale and has bruises on his body.",I replied taking a sip of tea. She sat in the chair next to me and Sandra next to me on the couch. Beside her was Julisa on another chair.

"So basically bad?",Jenny stated while grabbing a small crumpet.

"What's this called again?",Sandra said holding up a crumpet as she took in my gloom expression.

"A crumpet.",I answered,"Basically its an english muffin."

"The English are weird.",Sandra said shaking her head. Julisa and me looked at each other.