Ch. 16: Problems

Sorry for the late update I was watching the grand finale of one of my soapras It was good made me cry. I loved their marriage with an Native American ceremony. So doing that when I get married. Anyways here's the next chapter Enjoy X.

______________________________________________

Luciano's P.O.V.

I woke up and found Esme curled up next to me. I pulled her hair back and noticed dried mascara streaks running down her cheek. Why was she crying? What made her cry? I started thinking about when I left her to go eat with Maranzano. She seemed strange, begging me to stay. Esmeralda was many things, but never a beggar. Why didn't I notice it before?! She obviously was hurt and need someone. The only way for her to reach me was probably to ask me to stay. She would never tell me up front what was bothering her. Oh, Esme.

I whipped the smudge and pulled her closer to me.

"Why Esme?",I whispered in to her hair. I inhaled her tantalizing scent of roses.

She started stirring and she suddenly bolted up.

"No!!!",she screamed with desperation as her right hand looked to grab something, but only got a handful of air.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Her nose was red and she clutched a stuffed creamy bunny.

"What's wrong, Esme?",I asked sitting up.

She looked over at me with tears in her eyes. I hugged her and rubbed her back to comfort her.

"It's nothing.", she whispered.

"Tell me.",I asked with concern.

A tear rolled down her cheek as she closed her eyes. She started sobbing in to my bare chest. I wrapped her in my arms, trying to soothe her.

"I miss them.", she whispered yearning for someone that I had no idea about.

"Who?",I asked gently.

"Sergio, Rodrigo, and Alex. Maria, Jennifer and Danielle....",she sobbed.

A pang of jelouse washed over me.

"Who are they?",I asked as I tried to hold in my anger.

"My friends...",she whimpered," I miss my mom and dad.... my brothers and sister, Leo, Alex and Mary...."

"You love them?",I asked filled with mix emotions. From jelousy to anger to guilt and to sadness.

"Yes."

That one word broke my heart. I know she'll love her family and friends. But knowing she loved another man hurt me so deeply I didn't know what to do.

"Do you want to go home?",I asked terrified of her answer.

She nodded and made my heart ache even more.

"But I can't.",she said pulling away from our embrace.

I looked at her as she stared up at my face. She looked at me leaving in suspense.

"I can't leave you."

That's all I needed as I pressed my lips to her's. I wrapped her in my arms and laid her on the bed under me. I started kissing every inch of her body. Leaving no spot on touched.

She pushed me lightly on my chest to stop me from continuing. I looked up at her. She smiled down at me and cupped my chin with one of her hands. I turned my head so that I could kiss the palm of her hand.

"Charlie.",she murmured.

I looked up at her and knew exactly what she wanted and needed. I held her in my arms, pressing her to my chest. We stayed that way until it was eleven.