Do You Know The Hardest Part?

A/N: Hey guys! So today, I'm doing an Imagine based on Nina Nesbitts song 'The Hardest Part' and I am absolutely in love with this song, it is just absolutely amazing.

Prompt: You are a some what famous musician, and you and Dan had broken up a few months ago, and you write a song about how you're feeling about everything...

Genre: Idk, not fluff, not really angst and not smut. I don't even know

Word Count: 2719

Your P.O.V

I was sat at my computer desk, with a melody in my head and trying to figure out some words to go with it. It was difficult being a song writer, it was extremely difficult, especially when you had no inspiration. I mean, I had inspiration, but i couldn't quite figure it out.

"Heeeellllppppp meeeeeee" I yelled out in an exhausted, sarcastic tone. My best friend, Darian walks into the room, sitting on my bed with a sigh. She was as sick of this song writing thing just as much as I was. I needed to get a new song to the label by tomorrow to start finalizing my first album. Yep, I'm releasing an album. It's very exciting.

"I know what you could do" Darian says as she pulls out her phone and starts scrolling on her phone. I question her, seeing what her "bright idea" would be. I was scared to be very honest. "look through your old messages with people. If you're looking for a good 'hahahaha fuck you, you douche-bag' song, then I suggest looking through yours and Dan's old messages" Dan, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I haven't heard his name come up in a few months, actually. I decide its a good idea considering I'm desperate. But I'm not really looking for a 'hahahaha fuck you' song, most of my songs on this album are like that, I want a slow depressing song. Sigh.

"I was kinda hoping to get a slow depressing song, I've already got a lot of 'hahahaha fuck you' songs that are going on the album." I sigh feeling as if I'm getting no where with this song writing thing. This is hard, way harder than I thought. My album has to be a certain way, have a certain theme to it, and this album consisted of break up songs. Hey, I'm the new Taylor Swift! (no offence to those who like Taylor Swift, I personally love her) I need a song that will finish the album, kind of summarize it up in a way.

"I still say you should look through the messages, dig a bit deeper into your guys now tarnished relationship" Darian says as she walks out of my bedroom and across the hall into her own. It's a good idea, it's a really good idea. I unlocked my phone and clicked on Dan's contact name. I honestly never got around to deleting it, I couldn't be stuffed. That's how lazy I am. I scrolled through the many messages that were still saved there on my phone. The last time we talked was a couple of weeks after we broke up. It was basically me saying that I was going over to his place to pick up some stuff that I had left behind. His reply to my message was an 'okay' and an apology for everything that has happened. Looking through these text messages opened up a portal of repressed memories that have been hidden and forgotten about in the back of my mind. Well, not forgotten, I've just been so busy throwing myself into my work to even worry about it.

It was really hard to try and come up with a depressing song for this, considering that i didnt feel anything anymore. But I was so desperate for this song, i had to put myself into the mindset of a heartbroken me, a few months ago. But I was desperate so I guess it was wortg a try...

*1 month later*

I ran into the BBC building with my guitar strapped onto my back. My album was in the process of being finished and tonight I was performing a live version of my new single on the radio tonight. But all ups have their downs, my management team let me know last week that I will be performing it on Internet Takeover tonight. The bad thing about that? It was Dan and Phils night on the radio tonight.