Strangers

A/N: so, it has been awhile (i am so sorry) but a lot has happened since i've been away, and so i think this one is going to be doing most of the explaining. Based off of a true story as well ever so slightly based off of a song. (also pls don't be mad but i'm changing the pronouns to fit my situation a bit better) (also p.s I know Dan would never do something like this IRL so don't come for me lol) (everything in here pretty much happened too fam)

Word Count: 1.5k words

Song(s) Used: Strangers- Halsey ft Lauren Jauregui

Genre: Angst (look a lot has happened but i haven't changed THAT much)

Started: 01/05/2018 15:38 pm
Finished: 18/06/2018 01:22 am

Pairing: Dan x Female Reader

(add me on snapchat my friends are boring: sammy-campbell)

"We're not lovers, we're just strangers; with the same damn hunger to be touched, to be loved, to feel anything at all"

"Just so we're clear, this is just a bit of fun right? I mean, no one really has to know...." Dan trailed off as he lay next to me in his bed. Clothes in a heap somewhere in his room. After those words escaped his lips, I felt.... Awkward. "I mean, if that's okay with you..."

Now, I wasn't necessarily looking for a relationship this quickly, but I am also a hopeless romantic who can't do hook ups because 'being a hopeless romantic in this kind of hookup culture is a special kind of hell...'

"So, basically friends with benefits? Fuck buddies? Whatever you wanna call it?" I asked. Dan paused for a moment, contemplating what label to put on whatever this is.

"How about just two people who crave pleasure and desire, and just so happen to be helping the other out?" Dan said, shooting down any sort of label to put on this 'modern day situationship.' I immediately started seeing all of the red flags, but i knew deep down that it was unfortunately too late, and that I was going to have a hard time with this one.

We weren't friends of any sort, we were most definitely not lovers or anything of the sorts, we we're just strangers, trying to find someone to help us out, and we just so happened to stumble upon each other.

I knew I wasn't going to get what I wanted out of this, but my head just keeps on thinking 'maybe if we try hard enough, and we work hard at this, he'll want what we want...' and minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into days; days turned into weeks and weeks eventually turned into months, and I could see everything going toxic right in front of my eyes.

After months of going over just to please Dan, and returning home feeling unsatisfied and just drained, I realised that this was something I couldn't deal with, but Dan just didn't get that.

"So. I'm probably going to go and see Dan tomorrow." I say to one of my best friends, as I sit across from her, playing around with the food on the plate in front of me. She stops for a moment and just looks at me, probably wondering why I would even want to see him tomorrow.

"(Y/N), why would you even want to go and see Dan?" She asks, slight annoyance present in her tone of voice. I was slightly taken aback with that, but I decided not to dwell on it.

"He wants to see me, and I'm not doing anything, so why not?"

"Why not? (Y/N), he's not exactly the best person to be involved with, do you even see the way he treats you?"

"I honestly don't see what your problem is, it's my body and my life and I can do whatever I want with my body and my life" I spat, getting slightly angry. I looked over at my friend and I could see the frustration on her face turn to anger.