All You Had To Do Was Stay

Genre: angst

Pairing: Dan x Reader

Word Count: 444 words

Song(s) Used: All You Had To Do Was Stay - Taylor Swift (i know that everybody kinda hates her rn lol but not me! lmao)

Started: 29/09/2017 10:10pm
Finished: 29/09/2017 11:10pm

Your P.O.V

"please, just hear me out, i'm begging you just listen to what I have to say..."

"i'm sorry Dan, but its too late for explanations now..."

Those words were an echo through my head, wondering what would've happened if I listened to his explanations and his hollow apologies. I'm sorry doesn't count after goodbye; people like me are gone when you say goodbye.

My cellphone lay beside me, taunting me. 'call him back'  i kept thinking, but that was no longer an option. But sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and i still can't hep but think 'what if this was important?' and I had always told myself that i'd never tun after a man who didn't want me, but sometimes my indecisiveness gets the better of me.

My mind wonders back to the previous phone call with Dan, and I can't help but overthink every single thing that was said. Was he being genuine? Was I meaning everything that I said?

"please (Y/N) I love you so much; you just have to listen to me"

"this is what you wanted Dan. I never wanted this, but you did"

"I know; but its not what I want anymore, pl-"

"all you had to do was stay, Dan. but you chose not to."

'people like you always want back the love they gave away, and people like me wanna believe you when you say you've changed' is something i wish i could've said, but i didn't.

The thing is, he had me eating out of the palm of his hand, and he had me wrapped around his tiny finger and I let him in to see the real me, but all he did was lock me out and drove us off of a metaphorical road (the road in which is our relationship) and ever since, I've been the one to pick up all of the pieces of the mess he made, and he just walked away.

But in the end this was all his decision, he's the one that ended it, and thinking about it now, he was all that I wanted, but I don't want him like this, this is not where I thought our relationship would be heading.

I always thought that he would be the one to catch me when I fell, but he never did, and I don't know if he ever intended to, but it's kind of ironic how the tables have turned

but then again all he had to do was stay....