English Rose

A/N: i've been wanting to write this one for fucking AGES and I finally did it and I love it and I hope you guys love it too (this is based around when Dan and Phil were touring the US for TATINOF) (also hey guys, me and one of my best friends Onyx will be attending Interactive Introverts on August 29th in Auckland so if you're also going to be there hmu lmao)

Song(s) Used: English Rose - Ed Sheeran

Word Count: 760 words

Genre: fluff

Pairing: Dan x Female Reader

Started: 18/06/2018 2:03am
Finished: 18/06/2018 2:35am

Dan's P.O.V

Across the sea, in the United States, I was told I could find all of my hopes and my dreams, and everyone that told me that, was right. I found everything I could have asked for. Touring around the States was exhausting, but also very rewarding; but there was one thing that was missing. Back home in London, awaits my one true love, and I long to be in bed with my true love, back home is where she's waiting for me.

But as I make my way through long winding country roads, all I think about is her, but my heart still beats for my home, and my love. She's my English Rose.

I look through my phone at pictures of her, and pictures of us, when Phil comes up to me. "Missing (Y/N)?" he asks, but all I can do is smile at this picture of us together, remembering the time we took it.

"Of course I miss her, I go from seeing her everyday and being with her all the time, to never seeing or being with her at all..." I say to Phil, as I lock my phone and put it back into my pocket. Phil nods with understanding. I know he misses her too.

"Once tours over, you'll be able to see her everyday. Plus, there's only a few weeks of tour left. You've lasted this long, i'm sure you can survive another few weeks." Phil was absolutely right. There's not much longer to go, and plus, the fans are excited and relying on us, I can't disappoint.

Back on the bus, on our way from Nashville, I got a phone call from my Dad, asking how tour was going and how everything was going.

"Yeah, Dad, everything's going pretty well. The audience is absolutely amazing every single night. All of the places we've gone to and seen have been absolutely amazing"

"But you really miss (Y/N) don't you?" My dad, and her name being said almost made my heart ache, because she wasn't here with me.

"Yeah, I wish she could've been here. It would have made things so much easier" I reply to his question, my heart bursting wishing my love was here with me.

"It's just life. I get like that when your mum has to leave for a while. That's how you know you truly are in love."

And as I spend all of my days, just travelling and playing shows, all I think about is (Y/N) and how my heart beats for my home, and my English Rose.

We stopped over in Memphis for the night, and Phil and I decided to go and check out a bar. As I waited for my drink at the bar, I continued to look through pictures of (Y/N) when an older man came and sat next to me.

"You don't seem like you're from this part of town" He said, with a gruff voice and a strong country accent.

"No, i'm only in the States for a few more weeks. Me and a friend are doing a tour and then we go back to England." I explained, a picture of (Y/N) still displayed on my phone, even though I'm no longer looking at it.

"And let me guess, you've got a girl back home that you can't wait to get home to?" He guessed, and he hit the nail right on the head.

"Yeah. how did you know?"

"Listen, Kid, I wanted to find all of my hopes and dreams right here, and for awhile, I thought I did. But it turns out that all of my hopes and my dreams, was the one person I had ever really loved, and I lost her. I lost her for the same exact reason that you crossed the sea. So when you get back home, you love her and cherish her like it's the last time you'll ever see her..." And with that, the mysterious man, had gotten up and left.

But I found truth in his words, truth in people that I don't know. But my heart still beats for my home, and my English Rose