Not In That Way

A/N: when ur in love with ur co worker so this is #relatable

Pairing: Dan x Reader

Genre: sad lmao

Warnings: none

Word Count: 347 words (hella short)

Song(s) used: Not in That Way - Sam Smith

Dan's P.O.V

It's not the falling in love that's scary, it's the feeling of love. Loving someone romantically is terrifying, especially if you don't know if they feel the same way for you. Except, in this case, I know (Y/N) doesn't feel the same way I do. I know how she feels about me, because she always makes it known to me, how there's this boy called Jayden, and how he's so good to her. She's so happy with him.

(Y/N)'s one of my best friends, and I am so in love with her, and I know she loves me, because she says it to me all the time, except in a friendly way. And I hate to tell her that I love her because I am so scared that she will see right through me, and know what I really mean. I want to be with her so badly, but she makes it so clear, so apparent, that she doesn't want to be with me, in the same way I want to be with her.

She makes me so happy, that I am almost, always so dependant on her for happiness, I rely on her to pick me up when I am down. And whenever she's not around I always miss her, and I can't bare not having her around. And it's sad to think that she won't ever feel the feeling of unrequited love like I do. Not that I want her to of course, but she won't ever know how it feels to be in love with your best friend, like I do.

But simply, I would never tell her how much she means to me, because the sentance that would come out of her mouth will be,

"I'm sorry Dan, believe me, I love you so much, but not in that way..."