For the First Time

Ally's POV

As I stand backstage for the first time, my heart beats a mile a minute. I am beyond nervous for tonight and I can't seem to figure out why. Probably because I'm about to go on stage with a sold-out crowd to surprise my brother, who I haven't seen since February. I'm also meeting his whole band for the first time. I only know them through videos, magazines, and, of course, their music. I love everything they've released so far, especially this new album.

As they finish up Last First Kiss, I hear one of the boys say, "Now, that is one of my favorites from this album."

"Me too, Harry," someone responds. "But, I think one of my all-time favorites is Moments."

"Ah, Liam," an Irish accent says, "now that is a good one."

"Everyone ready for us to sing Moments?" Liam says.

The crowd screams, making my face break into a smile. This is absolutely incredible - how did all of these boys go from small towns throughout England and become the biggest band of today? To say that I am proud would be an understatement. The song slowly begins and I close my eyes - like Liam, this is easily one of my favorite songs they sing. An angelic voice begins to sing and my face breaks into another smile.

Shut the door, turn the lights off

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love

I wanna lay beside you

I cannot hide this even though I try

This boy...he's incredibly talented. When I hear him sing, I feel as though I'm taken to another planet. Listening to him makes it feel like I'm the only person in the audience. He's singing just to me.

Heart beats harder

Time escapes me

Trembling hands touch skin

It makes this harder

And the tears stream down my face

Suddenly, someone taps my shoulder and I jump and squeal, turning to see Paul, one of the security guards, standing behind me.

"Sorry, ma'am," he smiles as I begin to relax again.

"Hi, Paul," I smile back, chuckling a little bit. "Is everything alright?"

"Oh, of course," he says. "I was just wondering if there is anything you need before you go up on stage."

"Oh, um, I don't think so, Paul," I reply. "Thank you for everything."

"Anything for you, ma'am," he says.

"Please, call me Ally," I tell him.

"Well, good luck, Ally," he says. "Have fun out there."

"I will," I smile. "Thank you."

He nods and walks away, leaving me to listen to the end of Moments, taking in the last some-what peaceful moment before I run on stage and change everything. I look down at my outfit to make sure it's perfect - I'm wearing red low-top Converse, a pair of jeans, a black tank top, and a grey cardigan. I take a deep breath and close my eyes - I got this.

"Now, this song is for everyone we love who, unfortunately, is not with us right now. We'll be coming back for you soon!"

The crowd bursts into cheers as the first chords of Back for You begin to play. This is it.

Whenever I close my eyes I picture you there

I'm looking out at the crowd, you're everywhere

I'm watching you from the stage yeah