Goodbye?

Ally's POV

As I lay in bed awake, I can't help but think about how today is my last day with Liam. And, of course, it's Liam's birthday today - the big 20. Happy birthday to you - your girlfriend is going back home and you're going to be alone! Luckily, my flight tonight doesn't leave until 8, so I get to spend all day with Liam. I want to make today as special as possible for Liam - but what should we do?

I slowly turn over so I can face Liam, who is still lightly snoring with his arm wrapped around me tightly. Breakfast - I should make him breakfast! I slowly make my way out of his grip, trying not to wake him up. Once I'm out, I quietly walk out of the room, heading to the kitchen. As I'm standing there, I think of what I should make and what I would need. French toast...bacon...scrambled eggs. That sounds perfect.

I grab all the ingredients I'll need and begin to make breakfast. If only Mum could see me now - I think she would probably die if she saw me cooking. I somehow manage to get everything together, and once I'm done, I place everything on a tray - butter, syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, orange juice, the works.

I take a deep breath and pick up the dinner tray slowly. I turn around and begin to make my way back towards Liam's room. Suddenly, I run into someone and the tray flies from my hands, food going everywhere. I cry out as I fall down, Liam laughing at me.

"Ugh, Liam," I groan as I look up at him.

"Are you okay?" he asks chuckling.

"Well," I say as I look down at my now soiled clothes, "I've been better. I'm such a mess."

"Yes, you are," he smiles as he helps me up. "What the hell were you trying to do anyway?"

"Making you breakfast," I tell him. "It was supposed to be a birthday gift and a thank you for letting me stay with you these last few weeks."

He rubs his finger across my cheek and then licks it, "Mmm, yummy!"

"Good to know it was good at one point," I mumble.

"Thank you, love," he smiles, pulling me into a tight hug. "I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome," I chuckle, making sure to rub some food into his shirt. "Now, I probably should go shower."

"Yeah, probably," he smirks.

I turn around to walk back into Liam's room when I suddenly remember. I run up to Liam, wrap my arms around him, and whisper, "Happy birthday, love."

"Thanks, Ally," he replies, making me smile.

I go up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek. I let go and walk back, suddenly hearing a camera noise.

"Li," I say, "what was that?"

"For my personal amusement," he smirks. "And maybe for Twitter."

"Personal amusement only," I tell him, walking back to his room.

I turn the shower on and take forever trying to get everything off of my body and out of my hair. Once I'm done, I put on a plain, white t-shirt, a pair of shorts, and grab a cardigan. Once I make sure I don't look like complete trash, I head back to the kitchen.

"Hi, Li," I smile as I walk in.

He looks up at me and his mouth drops open.

"What?" I ask. "Is...is there something wrong?"

"Yeah," he says seriously. "You're too beautiful...I don't think I've ever seen anyone as beautiful as you."

"Oh, shut up," I say, smiling.

"Now, since your first breakfast ended up, well, on the floor," he says, "what would you like to eat?"

"Liam!" I exclaim. "It's your birthday, I'll make my own breakfast."

"Well...we all saw how that went last time," he shrugs, making me slap his arm.

"I think I can handle a bowl of cereal," I say.

"Whatever you want, love," he smirks, making me smile.

I quickly make myself a bowl and jump up onto the counter, asking, "So, birthday boy, what would you like to do on this special day?"

He sighs and thinks for a moment, then says, "Anything with you."

"Okay, Mr. Cheesy," I chuckle, rolling my eyes, "how about we go to a park? One of my favorite things we did was attempt to hide from the public and eat waffles in a park."

"I would love to go to a park with you," he smiles.

"Okay, you get ready, I'll make sure the kitchen is clean," I tell him.

"Sounds like a plan to me," he says, walking to his room.

As soon as I finish my cereal, I quickly begin to clean the dishes. By the time Liam comes out, I'm all finished and he says, "Ready?"

"Just let me grab my shoes," I smile.

I quickly grab a pair of Converse and run back out to the living room. "Let's go," I smile, grabbing his hand.

As we make our way to Liam's favorite park, I can't help but think about how much I'm going to miss him. Listening to him sing along with the radio in the car, him holding my hand as he drives, the small smile that he has when one of his favorite songs is playing...I'm so in love with him and I can't believe I have to leave today.

Once we make it to the park, Liam decides to park the car across the street. As we walk across the street, I begin to walk a little ahead of him. Suddenly, I hear my name being yelled and I turn around to see Liam running towards me. He shoves me, making me roll to the edge of the road. After blacking out for a few moments, I try to figure out what is going on. Why the hell did Liam push me? Wait...where is Liam? I look over to the middle of the road and my heart stops - he's lying motionless in the street.

People begin to crowd the streets and I get up, my eyes never leaving Liam.

"Li-Liam?" I say. "Liam? Liam!!"

I run over to him, yelling his name over and over again. I hold onto him and not wanting to let him go. What the hell just happened? My mind can't even process everything that's happening - why didn't I look before I crossed the street? I can hear sirens become louder, but I can't focus on anything else but Liam. I never want to leave his side again. Suddenly, I feel myself being pulled away from Liam and I'm led to an ambulance.

"Hi, ma'am," the paramedic says. "Do you feel alright? Does anything hurt?"

"I, um, I don't know," I mumble.

He begins to inspect my body carefully and says, "I think you may need some stitches on your arm, okay? Let's clean you up first."

He helps me take my sweater off and begins to look more closely at my arm, "Yeah, you're definitely going to need stitches. Probably going to have to take you to the hospital. Ma'am, are you sure you're okay?"

I look up at him and all of my emotions come running in, tears starting to stream down my face again.

"Oh, um, hey," he says, sitting down next to me. "I know this is scary, but he's going to be alright. He'll be going to the best hospital in London, and so will you. Try not to worry too much about it."

"All I do is worry," I chuckle, rubbing my nose with my hand.

"Come on, we should get you to the hospital so we can clean you up," he says. "You are 18, right?"

"Oh, um, yeah, I am," I reply. "Don't have to worry about parents, I guess."

"Always nice when you don't have to," he smiles. "Here, let me help you."

He helps me stand up and I get into the ambulance, him shutting the doors behind us.