Yes, No, Maybe So?

Louis's POV

"Louis," Liam says, "Ally and I are dating and we've been seeing each other for the past month."

My heart stops, it feels like I can't breathe. My voice is stuck in my throat. What the hell? I look up at both of them and I notice the way he looks at her...this is exactly what I wanted to avoid with Ally being here with us. There's no way I didn't see this coming...but how the hell didn't I notice? I close my eyes and shake my head, praying that when I open them again, all of this was a dream.

Unfortunately, when I look at them again, they're holding hands. I look right at Ally and all I can see is that little girl who would cry if I wouldn't play with her. When did she grow up? Where did the time go? She was so happy then...and, come to think of it, this is probably the happiest she's been since I don't even know when. I always thought it was because she was traveling with me and going out of her comfort zone. But...could it really be Liam who's making her so happy?

God, why did it have to be one of my best mates? How the hell did I not notice until they told me? Was I really that oblivious that she was just happy to see me and be around me? I could say I don't want them to date...but every time I look at Ally, her eyes are bright and, even though she's nervous, I can tell how happy she is. There's the faintest smile that makes me want to smile. Maybe...maybe this could be good for her.

I take a deep breath and look up at them. "I need to think," I reply. "Just...let me think."

"Thank you, Louis," Liam says softly, leading Ally out of the room. As they walk out, Ally doesn't take her eyes off of me, fear, and nervousness shown clearly on her face.

"So," Eleanor says from behind me, making me jump, "are...are you okay, love?"

I turn around to look at her and she places her hand on my cheek, rubbing her thumb gently back and forth, "I know this is hard. Do you want to talk about it?"

"I need some fresh air," I mumble, standing up to grab a sweatshirt. "Can...can you come with me?"

"Of course," she smiles, following me.

We head out of the hotel room and then head outside, just us. The entire time is silent, but she is constantly holding my hand. Once outside, we walk to the park that's across the street and walk around, still in silence.

Finally, Eleanor says, "Louis, what's wrong? You're scaring me, love."

"I'm sorry, El," I breathe, looking over at her. "I just...I don't know what to say."

"You're scared," she replies, stoping in our path. "You don't want Ally to grow up, do you?"

"Of course not," I say, turning to face her. "I...I just...how the hell did I not realize that she and Lia were dating? Am I that oblivious?"

"No, Lou, you're not," she says, "they were really good at hiding it. And I bet you they had help."

"Who the hell would..." I start, but then I realize - Becca and Niall. All of them were always hanging out together. God, I feel like a complete idiot.

"What's going on in that brain of yours, Lou?" Eleanor says softly, running her fingers through my hair.

"They had Niall's and Becca's help," I mumble, shaking my head and chuckling. "Didn't you notice that they were always hanging out when you were here with us?"

"Shit...you're right," she smiles. "Those sneaky little bastards."

"El, did...did you ever notice anything?" I ask. "Anything at all?"