We Made It

Ally's POV

Liam and I got married almost 2 years ago - and now, we're pregnant! I'm due in about a week and Liam won't stop taking care of me. He works from home, in our house that we bought just last year, in case I go into labor while he's at work. I began working from home about 2 months ago just in case and Liam started just last month. The house is right outside of London and has a large yard, which is perfect for Brooke. She loves chasing animals around the yard, or toys - whichever one is most accessible. We finished our nursery just last week - it's painted yellow and is filled with everything baby. 

Right now, Liam and I are hanging around the house on a beautiful Saturday. "Would you like anything to eat, love?" Liam asks from the kitchen while I'm knitting a blanket in the living room. "Oh, yes, please!" I reply. "Mac and cheese sounds delicious!" "Coming right up!" he says. I slowly stand up, making my way towards the kitchen so I can watch Liam. I love watching him cook - it's mesmerizing. By the time I get there, the pot is on the gas stove and it's about to boil. 

"So, are you nervous?" he asks as he puts the pasta in the pot. "Yes, definitely," I reply. "But I'm beyond excited to meet our little boy or girl." We haven't found out the gender yet and it's driving us crazy. "Me too," he smiles, pecking me on the lips. Suddenly, a sharp pain in my abdomen takes over my body. I hiss, bending over and holding onto the counter. "Are you alright, love?" Liam asks, rushing over to me. I shake my head as the pain increases. "Breathe," he whispers as he rubs his hand up and down my back. I try to breathe as normal as possible through the pain, Liam helping me the whole time. Once it's gone, Liam helps me towards one of the most comfortable chairs and leans down so he's eye level with me. 

"Do you think that was a contraction?" he asks. "Definitely," I reply. "Okay, I'll go and call the doctor," he says, "see what we should do." He leaves the room then comes back a few minutes later with my mac and cheese and a glass of water. "So, she said that we should stay home until the contractions are about 5 minutes apart," he tells me as he hands me the mac and cheese. "Great," I mumble, taking a bite of mac and cheese. "Good thing I have this." "We'll get through it," he smiles, kissing my hand. 

About 2 hours later, we're on the way to the hospital. We call both of our parents, letting them know what's going on. We also call his sisters before I say that we should call Louis. I quickly dial his number and put him on speaker phone, like everyone else. "Liam!" he answers. "Hi, Lou," Liam smiles. "Why did you call?" he asks. "So, we're on our way to the hospital," he replies. "Please tell me that Ally's okay," he says, obviously concerned. "Yes, I am," I smile. "I've just gone into labor." "Really?" he says, obviously really excited now. "Um, do you want me to come or would that be weird?" "Um, we'll call you after the baby's born," I tell him. "Then you can come." "That sounds great," he says. "Stay strong, Allybear. I love you." "Thank you," I say. "I love you too, Loubear. I'll call you later!" "Talk to you soon," he says. "Bye!" With that, we hang up right as we're pulling into the parking lot. 

As if on cue, I get a contraction. Liam helps me out of the car and I lean up against it as he rubs my back. "You're going great, love," he whispers in my ear as it finishes up. It was the longest one yet - almost a whole minute long. "Come on, we should get you inside." We quickly check in and get into our room easily. Once there, I change into the hospital gown they gave me and they begin to monitor me. Once they've done a few tests, they leave Liam and I alone in the room, him helping me with every contraction. 

"Can we call Louis?" I ask after one. "Of course," he smiles, taking out his phone and quickly calling him. Louis, of course, answers after only 2 rings. "Is the baby there yet?" he asks immediately, making me laugh. "No, not yet Louis," I smile. "Damn it," he mumbles. "Well, why did you call?" "I just wanted to talk to my brother," I reply. "I'm okay with that," he says, obviously smiling. "So, how's it going?" "Um, not too bad, I guess," I say. "It definitely could be better, but, oh well. How are you doing?" "I'll admit, I'm pretty nervous," he says. "Wait, for me?" I ask. "Of course," he replies. "I hope you know you're too cute," I smile. "Yeah, I know," he says, making me roll my eyes.