Happy Birthday

Ally's POV

    As I slowly wake up, I smell something delicious being made in the kitchen. Is that bacon...eggs...pancakes? I open my eyes and stretch, realizing that the blanket I had on the night before is gone. I look to the floor and roll my eyes - of course, I did that. Wait...am I on the couch? Guess some things never change. I sit up and see that Liam is cooking in the kitchen and my face breaks into a smile - I love seeing him as he cooks.

    I decide to get up and quietly walk into the kitchen. I sneak up to Liam and gently snake my arms around his bare torso.

    "Good morning, birthday girl," he says, obviously smiling. "Sleep well?"

    "Good morning to you too, chef Liam," I smile. "And yes, I did. I think I just sleep better on couches."

    "Apparently," he chuckles, "I honestly think I've seen you sleep more on a couch than in your actual bed."

    "So, are you making me breakfast for my birthday?" I ask.

    "How did you know?" he asks back.

"I don't know," I smirk. "I just had a hunch, I guess."

    "Well, it was meant to be a surprise for you to wake up to," he replies as he places the scrambled eggs on a plate.

    "I could pretend to be asleep and you can surprise me then," I chuckle.

    "No, no, it's practically ready," he smiles as he shakes his head. "Fill up a plate, love."

    He hands me an empty plate and I begin to get a little bit of everything - eggs, bacon, pancakes, some fruit, and, most importantly, a glass of orange juice. I head outside onto the balcony and discover that it is a beautiful day full of sunshine and not a cloud in sight. Liam joins me a few moments later.

    "You know, you're lucky that this is my favorite spot to eat in my flat," he says as he sits down.

    "Sorry, I meant to ask," I say as I eat a piece of bacon. "It was just too gorgeous out here to not come out."

    "It really is," he smiles. "You're lucky your birthday is in August, otherwise we'd probably have very shitty weather."

"You're not wrong," I chuckle. "Liam, this food...it's absolutely delicious. Thank you for making it for us."

    "Of course, love," he replies, smiling even bigger than before. "Anything for the birthday girl."

    I roll my eyes, "Are we going to be calling me that all day?"

    "Only if you want," he says. "But be prepared - there are going to be lots of surprises today."

    "I wouldn't expect anything less with you, love," I smile.

    After we finish up our food, I begin to help Liam clean up everything, which he obviously doesn't like.   

    "You don't have to do anything today, love!" he says as I try to clean some dishes.

    "Oh, shut up, Li, I can do whatever the hell I want!" I reply.

    Suddenly, there's a knock at the front door. I look over at Liam and he shrugs with a smirk on his face - he knows what's happening. I walk over to the door and open it, and I am greeted by a series of horrible harmonies on a strange version of "Happy Birthday." My face breaks into a smile as I watch the one and only One Direction sing to me, all of them intentionally sounding horrible. Once they're done, Louis instantly pulls me into a tight hug.