Prom

Ally's POV

It's finally April. It has definitely been 4 hard months - I miss Liam so much and I can't wait to spend the summer with him again. Unfortunately, that's 2 months away. And tonight is prom...where I have to go without a date. Well, I'm going with Lily, which will be a blast, but I really wish I was going with Liam. He and the boys are touring...I don't even know where. I won't be able to see any of them until June, which sucks ass.

Luckily, Lily and I have been able to distract each other. When both of your boyfriends are international pop stars, you tend to be the only ones who can comfort each other. At least tonight will be a nice, well-welcomed distraction. A better distraction than this last week has been...

I've been knocked on my ass with whatever gross form of sick I got. Luckily, by Friday, I was finally feeling up to go to school and Mum is letting me go tonight. I had to practically beg her to let me, but she finally agreed, on the condition that I don't overdo it...and that I am back by 11:30 and in bed by midnight. I have been feeling a little off today, but I don't want that to stop me from going to prom. No stomach ache will keep me away tonight. 

As I'm pulling my last things together to get ready at my friend, Maddie's, house, I hear the front door fly open and Lily yell, "Ally, I'm late as hell! Please tell me you're ready?!"

I laugh to myself as I grab my things, running downstairs as fast as I can. Once I'm almost out the door, I yell, "Mum, I'm going!"

"Okay, love, have fun!" she yells back, clearly coming closer to the door. "Take so many pictures. Oh, and please drink some water? I know you're still recovering from...whatever that was. Don't overdo it."

"Okay, okay," I sigh. "I promise."

"I love you!" she says as we walk out of the door.

"Love you, Mum!" I call back.

I turn to Lily, who flashes me a smile. "Are you ready for tonight?" she asks.

"Yes, I am," I reply. "I'm excited to get him out of my mind for the night."

"Yeah, me too," she sighs. "It's going to be good. We have each other."

"Always," I smile.

We quickly drive over to Maddie's, quickly realizing that we're the last ones to arrive...sounds about right. Lily and I are pretty much always the last ones to get places...

As soon as we walk in, Maddie says, "Let's go, ladies! We are running out of time!"

"Sorry about that one, Maddie," Lily mumbles, a smirk on her face.

"Listen, we aren't surprised," Jillian, one of our other friends, says. "We all know you and Ally aren't the most punctual."

"Shut up!" Lily and I both exclaim, laughing as we all run upstairs to Maddie's room.

Girls surround me and begin to beat my face. The next thing I know, I'm looking in the mirror and can barely recognize myself - my makeup looks flawless and my hair is perfectly curled.

"Oh, Ally, you look gorgeous!" Lily exclaims.

"All she needs is her dress," Amelia smiles. "Come on, put it on, Ally!"

I go into the bathroom and pull on my light blue dress - it has tulle at the top with some rhinestones around the middle, which fade into the bodice. I love it.

I walk out of the bathroom and I hear gasps and aws, making me smile. I hear choruses of, "You look amazing!" and "Ally, that is gorgeous!" I look over at Lily and she just smiles at me.