Sightseeing

Liam's POV

As I lay awake in my bunk, I can't help but think about Ally and our date tomorrow. I can't believe Niall convinced her to give me a second chance. She's...she's everything I'd ever want. Just being around her makes me instantly happier. And I can't wait to spend more time with her alone - just us, no one else. Especially not Louis. When he's around, it feels as though everything's high tension. I feel like I can't even talk to her without judgment from him.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes, and I quickly check it. It's...a message from Ally. I open it and immediately read it:

'Can you come out to the main room?'

I quickly text back a yes and I jump out of my bunk, walking towards the main room. How did I not hear her walk past me? She would've walked through the bunks to get to the main room in the front of the bus...

When I find her, she's curled up in a ball, shaking. I run-up to her as fast as I can and kneel down next to her.

"Ally?" I ask softly, placing my hand on her back. "Ally, are...are you okay?"

She looks at me and I see tears streaming down her face. She quickly wraps her arms around me and begins to cry into my shoulder.

"Oh, Ally," I breathe, wrapping my arms around her. "What's wrong, love?"

"I...I had a nightmare," she whispers, not letting go. "I-I-I..."

"Shh," I whisper, rubbing her back. "You don't have to tell me yet."

We sit there for a few minutes, her occasionally hiccuping while I just hold her. As she calms down, I start to pull away. I look at her, pushing away some tears.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" I ask.

She nods and takes a deep breath, "All of us...we were in Times Square, I think. We were just sightseeing, I guess, and we wanted to get a picture of all of us together. So, we got some random stranger to take it. When we were all ready, I looked up a-and the stranger, he...he was holding a-a-a gun. He first shot Louis and then I tried to run to you. Someone stopped me and, um, put the gun up against my head. Liam, he was about to shoot me and all you could do was stare at me. Right as he pulled the trigger, I woke up."

"Oh, Ally," I breathe, pulling her into another hug. "I'm so sorry."

"I-it was horrible," she says softly as she wraps her arms around my neck.

We sit in silence again for a few minutes, Ally holding onto me as tight as she can. As she calms down, I sit down next to her on the couch.

"So, what do you want to do?" I ask as I run my hand up and down her back. "Do you want to go back to bed?"

She shakes her head, "I don't want to go back and just...lay there alone."

"Do...do you want to come back to bed with me?" I ask quietly.

She looks up at me and her face breaks into a smile, "Yeah, I-I'd love that."

"Let's go, then," I smile, standing up and holding out my hand.

She takes it and I help her up then we head to the bunks quietly. Once there, I help her into my bunk before following in after her. I close the curtain behind us and wrap my arms around her.

"Is that better, love?" I ask softly.

"You have no idea," she breathes. "This is perfect."

"I'm glad," I reply, smiling.

This is probably the happiest I've been in a while. I close my eyes and hold Ally close to my chest, falling asleep almost instantly.

Louis's POV