Thanksgiving

Niall's POV

God, I do miss Becca. I can't believe it's been well over 2 months since I've seen her. Finally, after way too much time, I get to go and surprise Becca for Thanksgiving. Very romantic, I know, going to surprise her on a holiday that doesn't even exist at home. Luckily, there's lots of food involved, and I know we'll both be very excited to see each other. The one thing standing in my way between me and seeing my amazing girlfriend since August is 1D Day, which is about to start.

I hear a knock on the door to my dressing room and Liam pops his head in, saying, "Hey, Ni, it's time to...whoa, are you okay, mate?"

"Oh, um, I just, you know," I start.

"Miss Becca?" he finishes, and I nod eagerly. "I get it, mate. I miss Ally and I just saw her a few weeks ago."

"I'm just glad that I get to see her tomorrow," I smile.

"That's great, Niall," he smiles back. "Well, let's get 1D Day started so you can go and see Becca."

We head out into the studio, faces ready to entertain thousands of people around the world.

***

"Bye, Niall!" Liam waves after he drops me off at the airport. "Give Becca a hug for me."

"Of course," I smile, waving through the car window. "I'll see you soon, Liam. Thanks for driving me!"

"It's no problem," he says. "Now, go! I don't want you to miss your flight."

I wave one last time before running into the airport, rushing through check-in and security. I make it to my gate just in time, practically throwing my boarding pass at the gate attendant. Before I know it, we're taking off. In just a matter of hours, I'm going to be with Becca for the first time in forever.

I smile to myself as I put my headphones in and lean back, closing my eyes. The next thing I know, the flight attendant is saying, "Welcome to Richmond, Virginia, where the skies are blue and the temperature is 62 degrees. I hope you all had a wonderful flight and have a wonderful time wherever your final destination is."

Once I'm off of the plane, I grab my bag and hail myself a taxi. I text Becca's mum, Sally, letting her know that I'm on my way from the airport to her house. She's helping me with the whole surprise - Becca is finishing up with some classes at the local university and should be home a little after I make it there.

Finally, after what feels like forever, I make it to Becca's house and I quickly pay the driver, running towards the house as fast as I can. I knock on the door and Sally opens it almost immediately.

"Niall!" she exclaims excitedly, pulling me into a tight hug. "Come in, come in!"

She leads me inside as I say, "It's nice to see you, Sally." We walk into the kitchen, where she quickly offers me a seat and asks, "Would you like anything to drink? Coffee, water, soda?"

"I would love some coffee," I reply. With everything moving so quickly, it feels like I haven't had a chance to even sleep.

"So, Niall, how have you been?" she asks as she fumbles with the coffee maker. "I've heard from Becca about how busy you are."

"Yeah, I've been super busy," I tell her. "We just had an event called 1D day, where we spent the entire day on a Livestream, promoting our new album, Midnight Memories."

"Well, that sounds like fun," she smiles. "But definitely exhausting."

"Yes, definitely," I say. "How's it been around here? How's Alex?"