I Love You

Liam's POV

I can feel myself slowly waking up, but I can't seem to open my eyes. What the hell happened? Why can't I wake up? I try to think...the last thing I remember is running out into the street - then everything goes black. Was...was I hit? Suddenly, I feel someone grab my hand gently, running their thumb across it. It must be Ally. Now, I have to wake up. I want to see her, talk to her...

"Please...just show me those brown eyes," I hear Ally whisper.

I give myself a final push, mumbling, "Only if you show me yours, love."

"L-Liam?" she says softly and I open my eyes, looking over to her. Her face breaks into a big smile and she says, "Hi, Li."

"H-h-hi, Ally, I reply softly, a small smile forming on my face.

"How are you feeling?" she asks, squeezing my hand.

"Like shit," I mumble, trying to make myself more comfortable. "I-I'm glad you're here, love."

"Me too," she says, her smile even bigger than it was before. "Do, um, do you need anything?"

I think for a second, and then reply, "Um water. And I guess some pain meds."

"Okay, I'll go and get those," she says. "I'll be right back."

She quickly kisses my forehead and then runs out of the room. Once I'm alone, I look around, trying to remember everything that happened...I ran out into the street after Ally, and then everything goes black. Was...was I hit by a car? I must've been hit by a car. That's the only thing I can think of that would put me like this.

Suddenly, Ally pops back in and sits down next to me. "Meds on the way?" I ask.

"Meds are on the way," she smiles back. "The nurse is bringing your doctor in."

She suddenly stands up again and picks up the pitcher, filling up a cup with water. She brings it over to me and helps me drink some.

"Thank you, love," I tell her once she places the cup on the table next to me.

"Of course, Li," she smiles, gently running her fingers through my hair. "I'm so glad you're okay, love."

I give her a small smile, closing my eyes and mumbling, "Me too."

Suddenly, the door opens again and a doctor and a nurse walk in, making Ally jump up.

"Hi, Mr. Payne," the doctor says as he walks up to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Um, pretty crappy," I reply as he begins to check some of my vitals.

"So, Liam, can you tell me what happened?" he asks as he's listening to my chest with a stethoscope.

I think for a second, going over what had been going on in m head earlier. "Um, I...I was hit by a car, wasn't I?" I reply.

"Yes, you were," he says, making me sigh. "Now, can you tell me what hurts?"

Everything. "Pretty much everything," I tell him, "but especially my leg and my head."

"Okay," he sighs, looking at my machines carefully.

"Can, um, can you tell me what's...going on?" I ask, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me.

"Well, your leg broke in 2 places, which we needed to fix with some screws and we also needed to fix your broken collarbone," he replies. "You have a concussion and several bruised ribs, which will definitely be causing you pain. Other than that, just some stitches. You're lucky, Mr. Payne. It could've been much worse."