Chapter 1: silent goodbyes

ARIAS POV:
after saying goodbye to the girls I put my last bag in the car and I got in my car right before I could pull away a car pulled up behind me. it was Ezra. I saw him in my rear view window. I saw him shut his door and run towards my car. then it hit he's what I'm going to miss the most about this town. I got out. "I'm glad I caught you before you left." "I didn't expect you to come." "me neither." I smiled. "hey I never thanked you for taking me to prom." "hey don't mention it. it felt like old times. I can still remember the swing of your step." "Then I'd roll my eyes as you stared and smiled down on me." "then I'd pull you in. You know it's funny because I was never much for dancing but for you I did." I smiled. "I should probably go." I said. "wait. I came here to say goodbye." "Ezra don't say goodbye. goodbye means forgetting and I don't want you to forget about me." "Aria I could never forget you. You changed my life." he said as he held my cheek. my voice became shaky. "you changed mine too." I felt the tear fall from my cheek. he wiped it away. "Please don't cry." "I have too because I'm leaving." "what's to miss in this town? you always wanted to leave here. I'm just glad A is gone and you will be safe." "I always pictured leaving here with you. you're what I'll miss. but I'm glad A is gone now too. you're what I'll miss. But maybe we will meet again when we are slightly older. our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. I was always chaos to your mind and you were always poison to my heart." "I always pictured leaving here with you too." he said. I reached for his hand. "You know I'll always love you right? you were my first love. My first everything. most importantly the first person who actually believed in me. I can't forget about you." "I'll always believe in you. Make me proud Aria." "well I guess this is starting to sound like a goodbye. maybe because we will probably never see each other again." he nodded and gave me a hug. his hugs made me feel safe and made me feel like all was right in this cruel world. he hugged me tighter and so did I. I let go. he opened my door for me and bent down to my window. "I love you." he said with a shaky voice. I smiled as he kissed my forehead. I saw the tear fall from his eyes. I wiped it away as he walked back to his car. I opened my door. "Ezra wait." I ran to him. I pulled him in and kissed him like I once did that felt like forever ago. I pulled away. I hugged him once more. he held my head tight in his chest as his other arm was wrapped behind my back and he moved me in a circle a few times. "goodbye Ezra." I kissed his cheek and walked back to my car and thought about all the times I did that to him. I got in my car and drove off. goodbye rosewood. and well goodbye Ezra...