chapter 53: walking away

ARIAS POV:
"if that's what you want to do.." he sighed

"no Ezra, I'm asking if that's what you want to do!" I yelled

"Aria we took vows..."

"we said a lot of things but we've both changed and I can't do this anymore. I found the papers. I signed them, so here." I said handing him them. he stared long and hard at me. I saw his eyes tear up. he looked down and grabbed the pen.

"are you sure?" he asked

"yeah I'm sure.." I sighed. he signed the papers.

"Aria..."

"Ezra I talked to our lawyers last night. our court date is in two days I'll see you then." I got walked towards the door

"Aria where are you going?"

"I don't know. I'll uh see you in court. just please be strong. even though everything's falling apart. I can't have you falling apart too okay?"

"Aria... what happened to our happy ending? I know I've been an ass. we could get through this."

"Ezra our happy ending it was us ending..."

"I still remember when I meant something to you..."

"look when I saw you in that bar... I knew there was a story behind your eyes and I wanted to be the first to read it. I want you to be happy. and I know that is no longer with me. that's fine because you're the only person I have loved enough to put before myself. I want to see you happy, it makes me happy. I know we're through. just don't go into a dark place like I did. please don't. I need you alive. you're always going to be the first person I've ever loved. my person. don't forget that. you're going to always own my heart. and I'll never ask for it back. I'll see you weds at the courthouse. I'll send the girls over one day this week to pack my things or whatever. goodbye um.. Ezra."

"good bye Aria." he said as a tear fell from his eye. he stood up and walked towards me. he stood in front of me for a few minutes. we stared into each others eyes and I saw our life flash before our eyes. I leaned my forehead against his. "promise me you'll be okay. promise me. I love you."

"I promise." he whispered pulling away looking into my eyes. I kissed his check and said goodbye once more. he grabbed my hand.

"I love you more then you'll ever know."

"I know" I sighed holding his hand still.

"And that's why I have to let you go." I sighed once more

"Aria please dont-"

"don't make this any harder Ez. I gotta go." he let go of my hand and I shut the door and got in my car and drove to Hannas to see our baby.

A/n:
everyone keeps asking why I haven't said the gender of the baby but it's a surprise. you'll find out. I only have 5-6 chapters left of this story. so please please comment and vote. so do you think it's a boy or girl? hmm...