Chapter 4: seeing you again

ARIAS POV:
"Ezra?" I walked in and shut the door. "hi I uh didn't expect to um you know uh-" I cut him off. "hear from me again? yeah I know." "yeah so what are you doing here?"  "I just wanted to come say hi and actually talk to you alone about how Thailand was and everything else these past five years." I felt nervous. it was weird. I didn't know. I felt my stomach start to toss and turn. turn into knots. "ahh I see well Thailand was amazing. we did so much. we did something new practically everyday. Nicole and I we did some-" I cut him off. "Nicole..?" "yeah my girlfriend.." I gulped. "Oh I see I'm sorry keep going." "that's basically it. how was college?" "fine I guess." "fine? you came back engaged Aria." "oh yeah. I forgot." "mmh. so how was college honestly?" "honestly I was a mess the first few months. I was lost. confused. I started to drink. drink a lot. guys would try and take me home. try and take advantage of me. then I met Liam and he just made me see the light again I guess." I walked towards his desk and sat down on top of it while he sat in his chair. "confused? Lost? lost over what?" he asked. I looked down and back up. "you.. you mostly. but please don't blame yourself for the drinking and partying. that was all me." "Aria I called it quits. I'm sorry. so why don't you tell me about Liam? I'd love to hear about him." "ah where do I start!?" I said with a face full of excitement. "how about where you guys first met. How old he is." he joked. "well he's 24. I've just always had a thing for older men I guess." I joked. He laughed. "Well I met him at my friends 21st birthday party at this bar and he was the first guy at a bar who didn't actually just hit on me in the first sentence. well besides you. he wasn't as smooth as you I'll give you that. but I still knew you were nervous talking to me." I laughed. "maybe because I get nervous talking to pretty girls." I blushed. "Liam and me kinda just hit it off. yeah we did. he's an editorial assistant. he likes coffee just he never knows how to get mine right like you did." I laughed. "he knows everything about me. he likes everything I do. I was scared. scared to fall in love again. I know goodbyes hurt. I've felt it one too many times. but we eventually became friends. we started hanging out. he supported me. I didn't start dating him till last year. when he asked me out I finally agreed. I was nervous at first. then a few months later he proposed. I was so sure about everything I wanted in life. but now I don't know coming back here to rosewood." "what are you uncertain about now?" "it's hard to explain. Liam he's great. I love him I do. he asks about you." "me? why? What does he know?" he laughed and smirked at the same time. "well he knows that you were my first love. he knows you meant the world to me. he knows I thought the world of you. he knows you made me happy. he knows that we said our goodbye and ended it before I left. he doesn't think bad of you. He actually thought you were pretty great. he always told me I'm so amazing and no one should ever let someone like me go. I started thinking about that recently too." "I didn't know why either. I thought it was best. I started kicking myself in the ass over it.. I still am." he looked up at me. we looked into each others eyes for a moment. I got lost in them. then his phone rang. "oh okay." He said and hung up. "Nicoles here. she's not staying if you want to. just she can't see you." "yeah yeah I get it." I hide in Ezra's supply closet in his office. he went and got her and came back a few moments later. I heard her laughing. "do I at least get a proper thank you?" she asked. I peeked out this hole in the door and saw them kiss. it hurt. he walked her out and when he came back he told me I could come out. "maybe I should go Ezra.." "no no you should stay. help me with some paperwork, organize shelves and tell me more about Liam and enjoy some of this takeout with me." I smiled and nodded my head as I opened the bag.