chapter 35: walking on a dream

EZRAS POV:
"Aria, aria.... wake up." I kept nudging her. she shot up like a rocket out of breath and crying. "you okay?"

"No." she began sobbing into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her back and slowly fell back on the bed holding her in my chest trying to calm her down. whatever that dream was. whatever happened really got to her. She finally fell back asleep in my arms.

____

ARIAS POV:
when I woke up I looked around to realize I was in bed and it was all a dream. I walk into the kitchen to Ezra outing me some coffee.

"you okay?" he questioned handing me the cup.
I looked at him curiously. "your dream?" he asked. I sat down in a chair, took a sip of my coffee and a deep breath.

"I think my moms lying to me. about being ok. she's been acting weird so has my dad. she keeps asking about grandkids. it's weird. Ezra I-... I had a dream she died right in front of me and I honestly think she is. she's so small and not herself. she won't tell me the truth and if she does die I don't think I'll get through that. you and her are two of the most important people in my life and losing her is different from losing you because she was there when you weren't but if you die I'll die too. I won't be able to get up most days or drink my morning coffee. I won't be Aria anymore I'll lose my mind and if I lose her I'll just lose it. I don't know." he walked over to me and rubbed his hand up and down my back leaning my head into his chest. he smelt good. I wrapped my arms around him and mumbled "thank you." to his chest. I let go and so did her.

"you should talk to her. go spend a few days with her. do whatever you need. because Aria if she is dying like you think you want to be there for that. you at least want to know and tell her how much you love her and hear how much she loves you before she goes ok?" I nodded. I got a text on my phone. it was from my dad asking if I could come over. I looked up at Ezra worried.

"it's my dad... he wants me to come over... What if they're going to tell me something's wrong with her. Ezra I...-" he cut me off

"Aria you'll want to be alone you'll just want it to be you and your mom if it's true. I can go if you'd like but I think you just want it to be you and her." I agreed and went and threw on some pants and shoes, grabbed my keys and left.  I drove to my moms and sat outside for a good hour or two. I finally grew the courage to walk in. I walked in the house and yelled for my mom. She was laying on the couch next to the trash can. my dad was upset and asked me to go talk to her.

"mom what's going on?" my eyes started to fill. she began to cry.

"come here baby." patting next to her. "I don't know any easy way to tell you this but I'm dying... I wanted to tell you but I only have a few days left. I love you and I was scared of how you'll react. I didn't want you worried since you and Ezra have been married for three-four months now. I don't want you worrying about me I'll be okay." I looked at my dad and looked down to my lap and began crying. I got up and started pacing.

"why didn't you tell me?" I screamed.

"I was scared I didn't want you getting mad at Ezra over me." she cried

"no no I can't be here. this is a dream I need to leave." I ran towards the door and got in my car. I began driving for about ten minutes the opposite way and as I kept going straight ambulances, fire trucks, policemen all drove by me going towards my moms. I called my dad he wouldn't answer. I turned around and drove back as fast as possible. I saw the ambulances carrying her out. my dad got in the ambulance with her. was this all my fault? will she make it? I followed the ambulance.

EZRAS POV:
I got a call from Byron. which was strange. "Ezra hi I don't know how to say this but Ella is being rushed to the hospital. she's dying and I think arias following us and I think this is the end and Aria will need you. this is going to hurt her it's going to change her and she's going to need you. please come to the hospital on rosewood Blvd."